Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Everything bigger in TX? Maybe not... the creatures are huge in FL.

Went to Miami, Key West, Palm Beach last year and the thing that surprised us the most was how many Iguanas they have down there.

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

It was the spiders that weighed by the pound, that could wrap their legs around a basketball with an overlap that flipped me out.

I didn't see any like that, thank god, it is the only animal or bug that scares me, I would run I couldn't handle that even small ones freak me out. 

And yes ants are always bad, and there is no question whether you got into some or not, you know quickly.

• Haha 2

Eldon, I could hear that giant one running on the insulated hvac tubes in the attic at the brand new house. It was obvious it wasn't a raccoon because of the number of footsteps. It was freaky. Did not see that one until days later. That was the real shock, a body big enough to envelop an adults head.... like the alien movie except real. Things got broken by me chasing him, chairs, screen, a table, a window.

Got him with the Remington by the side of the house next to the woods a couple of weeks later!

Spider bites hurt for weeks and sometimes leave a hole in your hide, I'd rather get stung by a wasp.

The huge ones scare me too, but I cover that up with aggression and death to them!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Eldon, I could hear that giant one running on the insulated hvac tubes in the attic at the brand new house. It was obvious it wasn't a raccoon because of the number of footsteps. It was freaky. Did not see that one until days later. That was the real shock, a body big enough to envelop an adults head.... like the alien movie except real. Things got broken by me chasing him, chairs, screen, a table, a window.

Got him with the Remington by the side of the house next to the woods a couple of weeks later!

Spider bites hurt for weeks and sometimes leave a hole in your hide, I'd rather get stung by a wasp.

The huge ones scare me too, but I cover that up with aggression and death to them!

I would have had to replace a bunch of things, I would have shot up the whole HVAC tube and whatever else I hit if I thought it was a spider that big, I had a hard time just reading your post. :wacko: Or I would have moved, not just from the house but the whole area. 

Where do you live I never want to go there, can't handle it, not spiders. West Texas? I'm never going West past Houston ever again. :huh:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dtel said:

I would have had to replace a bunch of things, I would have shot up the whole HVAC tube and whatever else I hit if I thought it was a spider that big, I had a hard time just reading your post. :wacko: Or I would have moved, not just from the house but the whole area. 

Where do you live I never want to go there, can't handle it, not spiders. West Texas? I'm never going West past Houston ever again. :huh:

Would have hit that post with a laughing face except I thought maybe I got you freaked out.

A brand new house in 2001 built just south of Cape Canaveral. PSJ, FL off of Fay Blvd. 

Only God knows I'm telling the truth about the size of that thing.

I moved home in `03 not being near death's door anymore had to leave my nice X and take the dog with me.

As for spraying that demon, nooo...... the twelve gauge worked from a safer distance.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

mmmmm Honey!

Dude he's married 

Just kidding, but bees are cool, they rarely bother you and help all plants, and of course honey. looks like a good place to put a couple of hives.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Man, that is a bunch of them, check out this that was in a big poplar in my back yard a couple of years ago. Half of several trees got taken down the road when Hugo hit us and a twister came through the yard about thirty feet up in the air. This hive was two of them back to back. With the trunk torn out this big heavy tree gathered rain inside and rotted all the way down below ground level. It had to go `cause it would have broken the house if it came down. Attempted four other contractors before one that knew a beekeeper that came out and got those hives to take home with him. The other guys would not touch that tree. Since I traded my husky350 for a new lawnmower I couldn't do it even if it was a shorter tree!

IMAG0006.jpg

IMG-20130807-172423.jpg

IMG-20130808-141552.jpg

• Like 2