Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Pinball_pw said:

I have had lots of fun bird houses. 

Did the same thing for a while, got into building fancy birdhouses. It all came to an end when one day my wife went to look inside one to see the babies like she did every couple of days and a snake was looking back at her. She is petrified of snakes and a rat snake went in the birdhouse and ate the babies and couldn't get back out the hole.

I pulled up in the driveway and she and our daughter were 100' from the house sitting in the driveway scared to go any closer, the birdhouses went after that.  Only have 3 left that were on a shelf inside and never used. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pinball_pw said:

Fantastic,  my wife wants to do something similar but I haven’t caved yet. 

Best for you is an Australian Invention that is taking the world by storm 

Its for European bees 🐝 

The product is called Flowhive - My short description is honey on tap 

I will let you do the research for suitability. - https://www.honeyflow.com/

Also check out the many YouTube videos on how it works - it’s amazing 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Is the water always brown like that?

It is usually nice and blue. Storms churn up the sea bottom and of course there is run off from all the streams and roadway drains that pour into the ocean after a rain storm. As well, the water is reflecting the grey skies above.

Every surf video of every contest or just surfing from socal shows that yes the water is pathetically ugly there compared to the beautiful waves in Hawaii.  The contrast is marked, and consistent.  So basically Carl, yes.

I am talking about years of video.  Why do you think the serious ones move away from there?  The water quality, and more importantly the wave quality.

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Every surf video of every contest or just surfing from socal shows that yes the water is pathetically ugly there compared to the beautiful waves in Hawaii.  The contrast is marked, and consistent.  So basically Carl, yes.

I am talking about years of video.  Why do you think the serious ones move away from there?  The water quality, and more importantly the wave quality.

The Gulf where we live is not nice and blue from the sediment of the Mississippi, or so I'm told.  The Keys in Florida are the same color you see in HI I would imagine.  Normally when you cross the bridge between the islands in the keys you can see the bottom and it's fairly deep.

• Like 1