Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

There is NOTHING like seeing, hearing, feeling a Saturn V go up inside the grounds there.

V as in all five of those bad boys putting out the horses!

Got in several times with both roomies working for the USA.

If I didn't, six miles south where I lived one of those would still shake the ground under your feet wherever you were, and light the sky like high noon in the summer at midnight.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

There is NOTHING like seeing, hearing, feeling a Saturn V go up inside the grounds there.

If I didn't, six miles south where I lived one of those would still shake the ground under your feet wherever you were, and light the sky like high noon in the summer at midnight.

I bet that was an experience. The ultimate subwoofer 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

=== have done the NASA tour at Kennedy and Houston, yeah, that rocket is incredible. Was hoping to see a shuttle launch but weather interfered and we missed the launch but saw it on the pad. That machine in itself is nothing to sneeze at — 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

That machine in itself is nothing to sneeze at — 

Said like you're telling the truth, It is a massive rocket!

Living right there for three years gave this science nut a lot to think about.

Best were the big launches or the unannounced military big ones!

Worst was waiting for Columbia that day knowing it was over TX and heading outside to see it and hear the twin booms in like 30 seconds...... and it was just quiet :( :emotion-50:

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Pinball_pw said:

I bet that was an experience. The ultimate subwoofer 😎

Think it might be the closest I've ever been to a quake!

The one in the early 70s here (Tennessee Valley) the lights hanging from the ceiling swung back and forth but there wasn't any sound.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

I would love to see that, nothing else like it. 

1 hour ago, Pinball_pw said:

The ultimate subwoofer 😎

That's true, they test rocket engines about 15 miles from here at Stennis and you don't hear it so much as feel the bass. 

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/stennis/home/index.html

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's true, they test rocket engines about 15 miles from here at Stennis and you don't hear it so much as feel the bass. 

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/stennis/home/index.html

Cool.  Bet it would sound different when they're horizontal like that!

Spent the weekend many times in my wild years at a friends house up in Huntersville, NC. Stones throw from the Speedway, nice to hear them practicing when I didn't have to wake up to it every day. Then In Daytona when I did live there you can hear the difference when the 24hrs crews are running their F1s as opposed to the Nascar cars running wide open!

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Not my photo,

The whole thing is just amazing really.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Cool.  Bet it would sound different when they're horizontal like that!

I'm sure, plus what we hear is kind of in a building. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

A bucket list item for me....

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:56 PM, T2K said:

Those pictures were from late summer 2016, the last time I made it down that way. West PC.

Keith

Problems inland seen from east of Tallahasse along I-10 to am sure west of PC. Trees mostly pines, a lot of them large ones and others.

Used to live in PC but also went to Cape San Blas at the state Park there in their cabins. From the  point of the Cape, we could view both St.Joe and of course Mexico Beach. The El Governor knew us well and loved to go there for awhile every Thanksgiving and year round for awhile. The shell of the place was still standing after the storm. Tragic event for the whole area, especially there.

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

My bucket list is constantly growing, and only a few items have been punched, I hope to someday be finished!

The thing about that is... the more it grows the longer you'll be around to get them all accomplished!

• Like 2