Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Limited myself although must admit nice photos and ear candy...takes a good photos.

Agreed. I’m also the freak that uses La Scalas for home theater and pushes 400 watts into each of them. Sounds great to me. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
On 3/8/2019 at 9:41 AM, JL Sargent said:

We were talking ISOs earlier. I shot the picture just above with a 2OK ISO. Some are noisy and some look pretty good.

It's amazing what cameras can do today, even 10-12 years ago people would have thought you were crazy talking about an ISO of 20K.

The main thing is you got a good picture, a tiny bit of grain is nothing when you can get a picture like that.

Cool pictures everyone.

Was in Hope at Rodney's which is in the middle of nowhere, and it was after a cold front with clear dry air and very dark. I brought the camera and tripod predicting nice star pictures but when it all came down to it I was too tired and it was in the low 20's, I was too tired to even drag the camera out.  Another guy working with us (Craig S) did bring out his camera and set it up for some Milkyway pictures, he did well and got some really nice shots. Now that I am home and little rested I regret not trying to get a pic, I have been lazy with the pictures and need to get off my but. But I can't lie, I was worn out every night last week.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Vastly different from the original

I agree.  I worked at a Toyota dealership when the original generation Supra was in production.  At the time it was their statement piece.  Toyota put all their cutting edge technology into the engine and drive train.  On this one I'm not sure how much influence Toyota even had on the engine itself.  The whole car is basically a re-badged BMW Z4.  If you look at the interior there are BMW cues everywhere.  I predict that Supra purists (the cult) will turn their noses up at this one.  Those that don't know the history of the original car and are looking for a sporty Toyota should like it.  I believe that Toyota just discontinued their "86" which was a re-badged Subaru BRZ to make room for the Supra.

38 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I agree.  I worked at a Toyota dealership when the original generation Supra was in production.  At the time it was their statement piece.  Toyota put all their cutting edge technology into the engine and drive train.  On this one I'm not sure how much influence Toyota even had on the engine itself.  The whole car is basically a re-badged BMW Z4.  If you look at the interior there are BMW cues everywhere.  I predict that Supra purists (the cult) will turn their noses up at this one.  Those that don't know the history of the original car and are looking for a sporty Toyota should like it.  I believe that Toyota just discontinued their "86" which was a re-badged Subaru BRZ to make room for the Supra.

Well said and agreed.   What thry "need" is a purpose build TRD supercharged 86

=== new car platforms, particularly those of a “niche” market have become far too expensive for many car makers to go at it alone.So they team up - Toyota/Subie - Toyota/BMW - Mazda/Toyota. Even arch rivals GM and Ford teamed to design the new 10 speed automatic for the Mustang and Camaro. Hell, the engineering firm Ricardo out of England designs many of BMWs engines. They did the inline 6 for my K1600 bike.