Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

20 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Anybody here video sports? I'm interested in videoing some HS baseball and football. Is it possible to video a kid hitting a homerun and capture the baseball on video throughout the play? How about you @Pinball_pw?

I haven’t tried that yet, but I am 99% photos 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schu said:

I have a fuchsia flower that is easily a year old, probably a bit longer.

33785691088_b177e0564b_k.jpg

Always amazed that you can get orchids to grow in Las Vegas, with a normal air humidity of what, around 10 percent or so?  They must get some round the clock misting. 😀 

• Like 3

There is an old house in town that was built in1927, been in disrepair and empty for quite some time, that is up for sale and had a open house yesterday.    My girl and I walk past it often,  went in for look-see.  The claim to fame for this house besides the view, are those who visited and partied in it, back in the day.  Bogart, Gary Cooper and Errol Flynn to name a few.  The house across the street used to be owned by Gloria Swanson.  A shot from the deck.  I guess this town was a nice escape from the rigors of the limelight.

0.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Orchid time again, I remember you had some nice ones. I don't have any more but one of the things I liked was how long the flowers last, it seems longer than any other plant.

My late mother-in-law loved her orchids.  Every time a family member came to visit from outside of Panglao Island , Philippines, they would generally bring her an orchid she did not already have, to grow on trees in her yard. Since she passed away, my wife has continued that tradition...she spends lots of time watering the orchids wired to the trees...adjusting the wires so the trees remain healthy!  She also inherited her mother's green thumb, and plants/replants flowers all over the yard, in-or-out of flower pots!  The yard is a real beauty!  One time a visiting botanist to the island was walking along the road, and came up to the house and noted how rare some of the orchids really are!  My wife was very surprised to learn that...but she was also very proud of having taken good care of them!  All of the flowers in the yard are native to the Philippines, to include the orchids!  Some of the orchids are only found in small micro-climes on a particular island in the Philippines, according to the botanist she met.  The botanist also told her that what she had in her yard was quite a collection!  I just wish I had some pics to post!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pinball_pw said:

Lately I have been trying to get the pitcher and batter in frame

If you would be willing to sacrifice some of that awesome closeup detail, you might try standing on the first base side (for a right handed batter) near the fence and a little closer to batter than pitcher to get both faces in the frame. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

If you would be willing to sacrifice some of that awesome closeup detail, you might try standing on the first base side (for a right handed batter) near the fence and a little closer to batter than pitcher to get both faces in the frame. 

I do that sometimes as well, but I do like my close up details. 

• Like 1