Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Haven't posted many pics in a good while, but Im really proud of this one.    River was way high and muddy from all the rain and we missed the peak of the spawn, but we ground it out all day.  A little You Tube kids on the water and a little fishing  blessed us with 8 fish and he caught his personal best of 2.2 lbs.

yumOXU8.jpg

Cant forget the tough guy shot

w6nuQcq.jpg

• Like 8

• Moderators

Cute little Max you have there, I know he had fun with a white perch/sac a lait that size they fight pretty good compared to other fish their size. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, dtel said:

Cute little Max you have there, I know he had fun with a white perch/sac a lait that size they fight pretty good compared to other fish their size. 

Thank you Dtel.  He has been a Crappie fisherman since he was almost still wearing a diaper.  I have several pictures like this from the past 2.5 to 3 years.  Once I get 10 years or so worth, Im going to make a big photo collage of him from age 3 and on just holding his trophies.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

That's a good idea, those are some nice sizes, makes cleaning and eating much easier. My wife likes the regular perch also, I don't have the patience to eat those little things, almost no meat.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dtel said:

That's a good idea, those are some nice sizes, makes cleaning and eating much easier. My wife likes the regular perch also, I don't have the patience to eat those little things, almost no meat.

I think the 1-1.5 lb crappie eat the best, but maybe its all in my head.

Here are a few larger.  2.5 -2.7lb Crappie.  Longer than 5 gallon bucket.  2017 was a good year for bigger fish on the River.

Although, these are little guys compared to MS Crappie.  

ObNXoFG.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Max2 said:

Although, these are little guys compared to MS Crappie.  

I wish, that's a good size no matter where you're at.

That's about the size of the biggest I have ever caught, that size would make me happy every time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, those are in wall hanger territory. Many fishermen would be right proud...

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's about the size of the biggest I have ever caught, that size would make me happy every time. 

Edited by billybob
I'm istake

12 hours ago, Max2 said:

Haven't posted many pics in a good while, but Im really proud of this one.    River was way high and muddy from all the rain and we missed the peak of the spawn, but we ground it out all day.  A little You Tube kids on the water and a little fishing  blessed us with 8 fish and he caught his personal best of 2.2 lbs.

yumOXU8.jpg

Crappie are the best eating fish imo. We call em sac a lait down here in south Louisiana. Milky white, soft tender fillets,  breaded and deep fried. I've caught a few. Tube jigs, great little fighter.

Handsome little fisherman. 

Edited by polizzio
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, polizzio said:

Crappie are the best eating fish imo. We call em sac a lait down here in south Louisiana. Milky white, soft tender fillets,  breaded and deep fried. I've caught a few. Tube jigs, great little fighter.

Handsome little fisherman. 

You betcha deep fried. Around here they call speckled or specs.

Panfish or Sunfish places. Sweet...a rose by any other name...

• Moderators
11 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Saw this at a thrift store in Robbinsville NC 

Robbinsville is a nice little town, stayed there for a week once. Close to the dragon and not far to other nice scenic rides.

16 hours ago, dtel said:

Oh no, MS leads the country in top Crappie fishing.  You need to head a little North where 3+ pounders are caught on the norm and frequently. Im trying to shoehorn in a trip in the future.

I might add the limit is 15 over there on top lakes in MS and fish must be 12".   Here in AR the limit is 30 and some lakes have a 9 or 10" rule, but I don't think they enforce the length much.

Here is a breakdown of the Crappie Lakes ranked in MS and this is a nationwide wide ranking

Grenada Lake is listed as No. 1.

• Sardis Lake ranks No. 2.

• Arkabutla Lake makes the list at No. 5.

• Lake Washington is listed at No. 7.

• Enid Lake makes the list at No. 20

11 hours ago, dtel said:

Robbinsville is a nice little town, stayed there for a week once. Close to the dragon and not far to other nice scenic rides.

And then there's Fontana Dam which is part of the Appalachian Trail .

1YVJ9MEMRhyzvnvV2bwPVA.jpg

Drive the dragon early and late to avoid the crowd .

aQ41WMYTTbmUgZh6BEOaQ.jpg

Get some exercise on the trail in between . My way point on the trail . 2 hours up then 1.5 hours down .

ALgYj8WWTnaA2Wi2ZZ4WbQ.jpg

• Like 5