Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
19 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

And then there's Fontana Dam which is part of the Appalachian Trail .

Very nice looking area, I would love to see when they open it to lower the water level. 

tenn_2014-086.JPG

• Like 2

• Moderators

One of our favorite drives is the Cherohala Skyway. One of the best waterfalls I have seen in the whole area is toward the end of the Skyway, I think it was called Bald river falls, It's pretty big, you can see the people walking on the rocks next to it for size.

tenn_2014-220.JPG

tenn_2014-219.JPG

• Like 6

• Moderators
16 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Saw the nearby Fugitive Dam opened when I was up there once 

I have seen that dam but never open, that whole area is nice looking, it was nice watching all the cars and bikes ride the dragon on the weekend. 

Almost looks like you.

tenn_2014-131.JPG

tenn 2014-091.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Had a great vacation last week . Went to the NHRA race in Charlotte . Then 5 nights in Robbinsville . Then down to Atlanta for 3 concerts and the NHRA race .

Which 3 concerts did you attend? I drove over to Houston 4 weeks ago for Sunday eliminations, it was awesome! Brittney repeated her win. Big fan of Force Racing. It had rained hard on Sat but was just beautiful on Sunday, cool and not a cloud in the sky. 

DSC-0021.jpg%20

• Like 6

Truth be told I sort of have a harmless crush on Brittney. Smart (university grad), beauty, pretty quiet and humble, and drives 320+ mph in 1000 feet. She looked straight at me while I took the above photo from approx 25 feet away. Been an NHRA fan for 45 years. John is 70 now, still doin it. Just look at the face......intense. The lights are def on :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Brittany is smarter than her father. When the motor grenades in her car, it happens behind her, not in her face.

John Force could be driving any configuration he wanted. John just wouldn't be happy without 11,000 HP spinning the driveshaft between his legs, clutch dust and massive racket in his face. He's been doing it for like 40 years. Hair on fire, 320 mph in the lights @ 1000 feet. 5 negative Gs when the two chutes open.

Two TF cars @ max acceleration = 170 decibels at very close proximity. Don't know of anything louder, near-field, short of 20 lbs of C4 detonating.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, polizzio said:

She looked straight at me while I took the above photo from approx 25 feet away.

Yes she did, she may have been reading your mind and not sure if she should throw something at you or introduce herself.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Me last week 

We were about 2 turns down from where that photographer sits. It's a pretty wide pullover so we can stay out of the way, but still tend to stand close to the front of the car where we can get ehind it, you never know when someone will slide off the road. Some drive way more aggressive than others,  at times I don't how some retain traction.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Yes she did, she may have been reading your mind and not sure if she should throw something at you or introduce herself.

I'll never know.

Actually as I was taking the pictures, I did not realize Brittney was looking straight at me, otherwise I would have waved. Not til the next day after i returned home and downloaded the images did I realize in 2 frames she was looking right at me. I can't see much detail in the camera viewfinder any more. If digital cameras did not auto focus, I'd be in real trouble. Diminishing sight and hearing.

8 hours ago, polizzio said:

John Force could be driving any configuration he wanted. John just wouldn't be happy without 11,000 HP spinning the driveshaft between his legs, clutch dust and massive racket in his face. He's been doing it for like 40 years. Hair on fire, 320 mph in the lights @ 1000 feet. 5 negative Gs when the two chutes open.

Two TF cars @ max acceleration = 170 decibels at very close proximity. Don't know of anything louder, near-field, short of 20 lbs of C4 detonating.

And the massive kick in the chest from the engines at full throttle....love it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1