Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

28 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

It's a beautiful day here at the Swan Bridge.

And to be ten again and spending the day playing there in and out of the cool shade. Catching craw-dads and salamanders and bringing snakes home in my pockets (not the pointed snout ones).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Went fishing on Tuesday at the Historical Home of Edsel Ford, off Lake Sinclair, and this is what I caught in the pond!

Mermaid2CJ.jpg

After some close visual examinations there may be some problems  with things.

JJK

1 minute ago, JJkizak said:

After some close visual examinations there may be some problems  with things.

JJK

Such as? I was with a group of 20 people trying to get this shot. I was the lighting tech. with my friend doing the workshop. It was a good opportunity to test out my new Sigma 85 mm. Art Lens adapted to a Sony A7 R II. It's probably wide open or f/2, I can't remember, but I was going for shallow DOF all day. Yes, I know about the stand leg.

10 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Such as? I was with a group of 20 people trying to get this shot. I was the lighting tech. with my friend doing the workshop. It was a good opportunity to test out my new Sigma 85 mm. Art Lens adapted to a Sony A7 R II. It's probably wide open or f/2, I can't remember, but I was going for shallow DOF all day. Yes, I know about the stand leg.

Not technical, but how female is the female?

JJK

Excellent pic!

We had an airshow in my town about 2 months ago. Local airport, National Guard station too. Two F-35s flew demo for two days (actually 3 days, first day for practice which I saw too) , flew in from Alvin Calendar AF base each day to do show demo, did not land nor static display. Incredible aircraft! I have seen a LOT of military aircraft fly over the years, but the maneuvers and flight ability of the F-35, simply incredible! Low speed flight and maneuverability. Sets a new standard. The evolution of stealth, computer aided technology and flight control. As of today, we will not sell F-35s to anyone, not even our allies. 

• Like 3

On 5/27/2019 at 1:21 PM, Marvel said:

Claude, how it the electronic viewfinder on those? Must be very good to be able to use outside and actually see what you are shooting.

Bruce

When photographing twin sibling High School Seniors last year, I noticed that there's a "frozen" time lag in the finder while the RAW and JPG files are written to the card and I was panning. It's quite disconcerting in comparison to the clear and near instant view of a MIRRORED DSLR, which Blackens the view for a fraction of a second as opposed to 2-3 seconds in the Sony. This is why they created the super fast A9 for action. Using a 42 Megapixel camera for speed is not what it was designed to do, but rather give max resolution and sharpness. This camera gives my Sigma/Foveon based cameras a run for their money in the sharpness department, but you can still do High ISO shooting with it. That A series 85 from Sigma is scary sharp at all apertures, even wide open as I have to make a 24x36 inch print to even see all the micro detail. Photoshop retouching is required on all portraits with that lens. LOL.

But you can tell when you look in the finder that your are looking at an OLED vs. the pristine clarity of a Pentaprism on a DSLR with mirror. Photography has it's compromises as well as audio, eh?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 5/30/2019 at 9:07 AM, polizzio said:

Excellent pic!

We had an airshow in my town about 2 months ago.

Only went to one air show years ago, it was great, I would love to go again. 

16 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Who said cell phone images aren't photos???

? Don't know

One thing these days almost everybody carries a phone and most take ok-good pictures so cameras are everywhere. If they could take more general pictures instead of pics of themselves. :huh:

Concerts are tough lighting no matter what you're using but can be amazing.

• Like 2