Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

4 hours ago, baron167 said:

Ha!! That's L. You would not believe how much my 2 Shiba Inus shed (unless you have Shibas).

Good that the dogs and carpet matchB)

Thought he looked like the dog from "Hachi's Tale" movie. Beautiful animals.

Though I wish I could be sitting by,  or floating on a lake hearing the call of the Loon, I have to content myself to the fountain I have. It has several audio tracks to choose from, one being that of the Loon.  A brief snippet just taken.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Shiva said:

Though I wish I could be sitting by,  or floating on a lake hearing the call of the Loon, I have to content myself to the fountain I have. It has several audio tracks to choose from, one being that of the Loon.  A brief snippet just taken.

They do have a lovely call. 

More from our neighborhood suburban sanctuary. Neighbor knocked on the door earlier and asked if I wanted to see this. Another neighbor that is challenged by physical labor is paying him to clean up storm damage from weeks ago, and look what was under this limb.

1.jpg

2.jpg

With it's long spindly legs and running like Bambi on ice I wonder if it was born today. Saw the doe earlier when saying goodbye to a friend leaving after lunch, but where did the doe go after playing with the other neighbors rodents (3lb incessantly barking bugs)?

• Like 7

• Moderators
On 7/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, Shiva said:

Though I wish I could be sitting by,  or floating on a lake hearing the call of the Loon

Well get married.

Sorry couldn't help it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My bass absorption  lamp stand.

Years ago I bought these triangular bass absorption corner foam pieces, only to discover a little later on that they do very little for deeper bass frequencies.  So, I then bought some acoustic cotton panels and made my own corner bass traps instead.  These were then tossed out of sight for years, then had the idea to put them together, get a couple of tiles, one on the bottom for stability and one top and use it for a lamp stand. It sits on the side of the couch and goes unnoticed. I don't know if it does anything for the room or not, but it does support a lamp.😀

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

He's building a '32 Ford, from the ground up. A company in Ohio has the original dies for the body parts. They machined everything so they can make new parts that will fit perfectly on an original frame, and fit more perfectly that the original parts did.

He has about $100k into in parts so far, and it has been a seven year project since he was doing it for himself. It does have a Chevy engine in it though... the resale value is higher than if it has a Ford engine in it.

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

He's building a '32 Ford, from the ground up. A company in Ohio has the original dies for the body parts. They machined everything so they can make new parts that will fit perfectly on an original frame, and fit more perfectly that the original parts did.

He has about $100k into in parts so far, and it has been a seven year project since he was doing it for himself. It does have a Chevy engine in it though... the resale value is higher than if it has a Ford engine in it.

This is another one of his cars.  I have pics of more of his cars but I have to fiddle with the format to decrease size.  He's in his 80's and still building them in his shop in his back yard..This is about 15 years or so ago.

435118360_Roycar8.thumb.jpg.49b3904c150240c39f5cd52d2a0545cd.jpg

• Like 5