Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Well there's one for the shoe box then brother!  Sooooo easy to save digital photos today.  I have almost every image I ever took in 25 years on all kinds of film to sort, scan, try to date when I convert it all to digital.  I'm truly dreading it because of the volume.  Binders, sleeve, Kodachrome boxes?  At my age I'm on a mission to make it easier on my kids when I croak.  The vultures will all be after my system and album collection, others my negatives and photo gear.  I'm actually thinking about selling all my Nikon gear.  The bodies?  Bleh.  Worthless.  The glass?  I don't think they're gonna decrease much in value since everything is auto-focus EDIF.  Had a woman tell me last nite I should be shooting an event we were at.  I didn't hesitate when I told her "I wasn't draggin that Domke bag outta the closet ever again unless it was to sell it all. Enough people. Done!  My right shoulder is 2 inches lower than my left now from that!  That bag was my wife, my refrigerator, my pillow and has been all over the h3ll's half-acre with me! 

hahaha 

hahahaha!  Evil lil dude isn't he?  Either workin the opponent or laffin with teammates .  Ya gotta love those shots.  I always loved the ones where they're standin over someone they just leveled tellin 'em, "yea, I walk the walk too sucker"  or something like that!  lol 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

"yea, I walk the walk too sucker"

That's right. He's 15 and started both ways for the Varsity last night. NG on D, Strong Guard on O. He loves it. He'll be done with sports before we know it and I guess then I'll start photographing landscapes or old building lol.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

@CAMike Did you snap those? If so, wow!

Yes.  I've been going to Airshows ever since the early 80's, my Navy active duty days ;)  I started out with an old Canon AE-1 Program and now  ...think of it like the the world of high end audio equipment.  Truly depends on your taste and wallet.   Of course my Kenyon Gyro makes my hands look more stable than they really are.   Enjoy the weekend.  Thanks.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2019 at 11:04 AM, CAMike said:

A few pics below from the NAS Lemoore Sept 2019 Show.  A great auditory experience for all ages ;)

Supers and F35 Form Lemoore Sept 22 2019.jpg

Having been an Air Defense Battalion Tactical Operations officer for a number of years...them folks ain't got me fooled...even with wearing trifocals I can see how they tried to get away with sneaking in an F22 with them F18's!😮  Great pics!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 8:06 PM, HDBRbuilder said:

I had no idea that the Navy ever had the old F86 Sabre jet in its inventory...cool!

The lead aircraft is actually an FJ-4 Fury.  In fact, it's domiciled up in Idaho and is the Last Flying Fury in the world.  A lot of folks that see it believe that it's an F-86 ;)

Thank you for the compliments on the pics.  Much appreciated. 

Mike

Linky:  http://warbirdsnews.com/warbird-articles/mig-fury-fighters-north-american-fj-4b-fury-kind.html

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2019 at 6:34 AM, JL Sargent said:

Ah, you gave us a good tip there. :) What is the rest of your air show photo setup?

Hi JL,

Other than the Kenyon Gyro my equipment is pretty middle of the high end road.  Canon 7D MarkII and some older bodies,  EF 100-400 F4-5.6L IS III USM (typical air show lens), EF 70-200MM F/2.8L IS III USM and a couple of other portrait and wide angle lenses.  When I take my Bush Hawk support onto to MIL bases I get a few looks as it looks more like a stabilized rifle with its trigger/pistol grip but lately I've been using it all on top of a tripod and or on a JOBU Jr. gimble on the tripod.   Once the MP's check out my BushHawk, it's never been an issue taking it on base.  Almost as fun as listening to a great sounding system, but a whole lot more mobile.   Do you partake in photography?

Have a great evening.

Mike