Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

On 10/12/2019 at 12:06 AM, HDBRbuilder said:

Having been an Air Defense Battalion Tactical Operations officer for a number of years...them folks ain't got me fooled...even with wearing trifocals I can see how they tried to get away with sneaking in an F22 with them F18's!😮  Great pics!

Hi HDBR.  Man your Trifocals! That's an F-35 in that Section.

Actually NAS Lemoore is the West Coasts only F-35 RAG for the Navy.  The East Coast has Oceana.  The 35's are substantially louder than the Supers so Lemoore was the best fit.  Even Whidbey is taking a lot of heat for the increase in noise complaints from the civilians in the area.  Mostly because the number of flights has increased and the fact that they're louder than the the EA-6Bs.  I was a Surface Warfare Officer via the aviation pipeline due to a change in my depth perception.  So like the RAP song goes,  I'm On A Mutha F__in' Boat!  Great song to play loudly.  Below is a great video of Visual Route 1355 near Whidbey,  If you have a few minutes to spare its a great example of the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest. It's one of the better training routes for maintaining Low Level currency.  At night, with no moon it gets a whole lot more fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W48BYDATkI

Enjoy!

R/

Mike

On 10/15/2019 at 11:42 PM, CAMike said:

Do you partake in photography?

Yes! This thread is full of photos I have taken over the years. Check them out! I mostly use a Canon 5D MkIII body and I use those same two lenses you mention for a lot of my photos. Mine are probably older versions as I have had them for quite a while. I do like that 400mm L 5.6 lens for daytime baseball. Most of my pictures are sports related. Thanks for sharing your gear setup. Here is one I took the other day.

A3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Halloween 2019. We watch a lot of documentaries/nature shows and the girls wanted to be their own lion pride this year. We don't have much of a neighborhood ourselves, so we pack up and head over to my sister's neighborhood a couple of miles away in town so the girls can get a small taste of "city life."

DSCF5945.jpg

DSCF5946.jpg

DSCF5955.jpg

DSCF5975.jpg

DSCF5996.jpg

• Like 6

On 10/16/2019 at 12:02 AM, CAMike said:

Hi HDBR.  Man your Trifocals! That's an F-35 in that Section.

Actually NAS Lemoore is the West Coasts only F-35 RAG for the Navy.  The East Coast has Oceana.  The 35's are substantially louder than the Supers so Lemoore was the best fit.  Even Whidbey is taking a lot of heat for the increase in noise complaints from the civilians in the area.  Mostly because the number of flights has increased and the fact that they're louder than the the EA-6Bs.  I was a Surface Warfare Officer via the aviation pipeline due to a change in my depth perception.  So like the RAP song goes,  I'm On A Mutha F__in' Boat!  Great song to play loudly.  Below is a great video of Visual Route 1355 near Whidbey,  If you have a few minutes to spare its a great example of the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest. It's one of the better training routes for maintaining Low Level currency.  At night, with no moon it gets a whole lot more fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W48BYDATkI

Enjoy!

R/

Mike

Well...I totally retired at age 60 in 2013...and my time in the ADA Battalion was in the mid 1990's...the F22 was onboard then, but the F-35 came long after I even retired...at least I spotted that "one of them thar F-18's just didn't look right in that pic"!  LOL!  I was the Oshkosh fly-in back in the 1990's once...got a chance to poke along in a Ford Tri-motor at that one...interesting flight...wicker chairs and all!  I also got to make a parachute jump while in the JRTC OPFOR outta one of the AN-2 Colt's....That was kinda interesting....the old biplane turned into the breeze...throttled back a bit ...and was actually ever sol slowly driftin backwards over the "postage stamp" DZ when we all jumped….all SIX of us...LOL!  That was the max load for jumping...with the last man out actually stuffed between the pilot and co9-pilot seats in the cockpit area until everybody got around to exiting the aircraft!  This is the AN-2 Colt like we used in the JRTC OPFOR back in the early 1990's at FT Chaffee. on occasion for tight low-level para-insertions:an-2-colt1in1.jpg.98b30dcda6252a3d4fa023625d4e456d.jpg

• Like 2