Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Not aware of what their sting is like or how long it hurts and side effects.

I had a scorpion in a pair of shorts I picked up from the floor that I had tossed the night before. That bugger stung me three times in the back of the knee before I could get it out. It's not pleasant, but not the end of the world either. Sharp pain, then numb, then a dull pain for several days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I had a scorpion in a pair of shorts I picked up from the floor that I had tossed the night before. That bugger stung me three times in the back of the knee before I could get it out. It's not pleasant, but not the end of the world either. Sharp pain, then numb, then a dull pain for several days.

Appreciate the description about like a wasp sting, not as bad as a hornet!

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yeah but "and where are the spiders?"

Ziggy really sang
Screwed-up eyes and screwed-down hairdo
Like some cat from Japan
He could lick 'em by smiling
He could leave 'em to hang
They came on so loaded, man
Well-hung and snow-white tan

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

That is accurate. I got stung by a red paper wasp and it was on par, though the wasp sting included some necrosis around the spot which didn't happen with the scorpion.

are you one of the guys from the television show Kings of Pain?  They get stung and bitten by some things and some have pretty severe reactions. 

Paper wasps have various sting intensities.  The mildest is the "warning sting."  It hurts but soon fades within several hours.  Depending on how you piss them off, it gets worse, ending in the full effect "I want to kill you sting" which of course will not kill a human but hurts immensely.  

53 minutes ago, Pinball_pw said:

Jaffa.  Somewhere in this area is where Acts 10 took place.  We went to Israel for a couple weeks.  I can post photos if there is interest.

3P4A6829_fb.jpg

Nice...almost looks like someone standing up the flight of stairs in  Nehru like clothing...at first.

• Like 1

View of Tel Aviv from Jaffa.  Somewhere along these shores Jonah took a boat to run away from God.  There are three major biblical events in Jaffa and two of them relate to salvation for the gentiles.  I hadn't made that connection until after visiting the sites and rereading the related sections of the bible.

3P4A6860_fb.jpg

• Like 8

On 2/25/2020 at 5:35 PM, Pinball_pw said:

View of Tel Aviv from Jaffa.  Somewhere along these shores Jonah took a boat to run away from God.  There are three major biblical events in Jaffa and two of them relate to salvation for the gentiles.  I hadn't made that connection until after visiting the sites and rereading the related sections of the bible.

3P4A6860_fb.jpg

Nice shots! Yes ...

• Like 3