Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

A young Israeli soldier at the Ben Gurion memorial site.  Ben Gurion was Israel's first prime minister.  He is considered by many to be a modern day prophet.  I intend on reading up on him soon.  This soldier is trying to mimic Ben's hair which was white on the edges and bald on top.  I'm sure that doesn't describe anyone in this group too ;)  It did not escape my attention where the barrel from his gun was pointed.

3P4A6955_fb.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Pinball_pw said:

I was a catcher in high school too. 

Awesome! Hardest working player on the field. We have had 5 varsity games and he caught all but 1 which was the second of a doubleheader. Fun times, but hard work. By the way, how are your knees holding up? :)

Auston2.jpg

• Like 3

Nice shot!  Tells me you either spent some cash on glass or you're growing a bigger pair!  I always had a HUGE pair!  Get next to the ump early then stay outta his way.  What they gonna do fire ya?  IF ya want it ya gotta go get it since it only happens once!  ^5's ya!  The ONLY thing better would be a slide w/him puttin the tag on at the plate.  Think ahead of the play then ya got him nailed!  lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

The ONLY thing better would be a slide w/him puttin the tag on at the plate.

I've got to get better at this. I get to watching the game at exciting times and stop taking pictures! I've got to train myself to take pictures all the time. I've already missed two great tag outs at home by him this season because I was watching the action!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I've got to get better at this. I get to watching the game at exciting times and stop taking pictures! I've got to train myself to take pictures all the time. I've already missed two great tag outs at home by him this season because I was watching the action!

Watching the game helps you anticipate those shots for next time :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Think ahead of the play.  You KNEW it was goin down yet you elected to watch.  It's on YOU then!  Here's what cured me.

I missed ONE shot like that.  With a couple other guys I shot with having early morning coffee at Indy one year and I had the only camera.  The bomb to open the gates goes off and it's insane watching everyone drive into the infield to park.  We're standing there watching the endless stream coming in and outta no where is the GORGEOUS blonde w/a HUUUGGEEE pair of tata's hangin out the window of this vette.  I mean she's out the window!  We ALL just stared.  This chick was HOT, 20' away & I was the only one w/a camera.  Think I didn't hear about that?  She would have been darkroom art hangin in the Nikon Professional Services Lab at the track.  Now THAT'S a wall to see.  Some great stuff hangin back there away from the public.  :) 

The body goes around your neck and you have one hand on the body so you're ready to go.  You even have auto focus so there's NO EXCUSE for missing ANYTHING.  Pull it up and it's hammer time!  Now I'll be waiting to see what ya really got goin on brother!  😂

• Like 1