Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Filthy huh?

Darn you're like I was at 16 with that big block Charger I had.

Right now my car is green and fuzzy like the legs of a bee going from one flower to another :(

Hasn't been washed this year , the camera does funny things and rain helps .

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

What year Charger ? Bought this '66 back in 89 in AZ . Sits in my garage now . I should sell it to someone that will do something with it . I can't really justify an expensive endeavor .

fullsizeoutput_17.jpeg

You've still got the magazine advertisement ;)

First time I recall seeing your screen name was with a picture of that one. Drove a Barracuda/340 from that year or so before I got mine from a high school teacher near here. A super clean `73 in 1979 with a 400 Magnum auto slap-stick. The vinyl top was a plastic shell that could never degrade, that armor all when it came out made it shine like black lacquer.

One of these except tan same rims and the exhaust that came straight back from the motor, almost no bends or twists, slotted cover tips like the  baffles outside a large caliber machine gun to allow the barrel to cool.

The wiper blades tucked under the hood when not being used!! & I got ten miles per gallon with the Carter four barrel and me being a 16 year old.

I'll post a pic of the Accord sometime I can get 30mpg in town with it running on the left bank's three cylinders the dollar frugal way I drive most of the time now.

73.jpg

• Like 4

Prior to Armor All's debut some good lookin chick here used to use egg whites on her black vinyl top.  Can't even remember what she drove but I always wondered what that thing smelled like a couple days after smearing that slime on it.  It WAS shiney though.  hahaha  😎

• Confused 1

Da*n!

girls and their stinky goop.

Will say some perfume is nice, some after shave too. 

Mostly it's what my grandpa used to call that glade in a can in the bathroom......... stinky flowers!

* found a pic of those radical exhaust tips. I love `em

tips.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
rad tips
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

I had a silver blue 68 and always thought that rear hatch and deck would be plenty of room.  What a disappointment!  😂  Gone for a 69 Mach that I wish I still had.

Mine is originally a silver with red interior car . Why the old man I bought it from did the white and blue painted interior is beyond me . Originally equipped with the last year 361BB the car had a 383BB when I bought it . The car wasn't original any more so what the hell I yanked the 383BB and put in a '67 440BB out of an Imperial convertible . First year for the 440BB and only year for the #915 closed chamber cylinder heads . '66 was also the only year Charger with bucket seats and console in the back not a bench . Cool car for a number of reasons but .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Back seat of that `73 was huge, could hold five teens (Not 5 ball players) or I could lay longways in it and only have to scrunch up a little bit at 5'9"

Someone that I used to know does have pics of that steel rocket somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

How warm does the water get where you are , kinda chilly year round ?

We are at 66 and are on our way to mid 80's plus . 

Mid to high 70's is good for me .

I did a quick check on that. It seems that the water temp here tops out around 69 degrees in summer. Might be slightly chilly for you.😀