Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sunburnwilly said:

Note the blue ceiling which has been popular here for a long time

Cool looking large homes, I love porches like that, it makes the house for looks and a great place to sit.

Same here with the blue ceilings, and much of the South, the idea has been around a very long time. Originally they thought it would keep the bugs from making nest keeping it cleaner, the idea was the bugs thought it was the sky. It's still popular and people say it really works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Was just hanging outside bored and taking a couple pictures the other day, I just happened to like the knots in this one. OK I'm easy

yard-04-4-1.JPG

What was the name of those things we used to play with back in the day , you know the 70's ?

It was like a bolas with the ring in the center and you would clack them like crazy until you got whacked . 

Yo-yo's were popular at the time too . Jeeez , now I remember the ads on tv promoting pro yo-yo er's roadshows in the area . Talk about easily entertained .

86661ee3e73e8f9c3e38803b00d30c23_width-3

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Shiva said:

I did a quick check on that. It seems that the water temp here tops out around 69 degrees in summer. Might be slightly chilly for you.😀 

Yep its got to be a really HOT day to wanna go jump into 69 degree water w/o a wet suit. Well at least for me. The Pacific ocean in So Cal is cold.

27 minutes ago, babadono said:

Yep its got to be a really HOT day to wanna go jump into 69 degree water w/o a wet suit. Well at least for me. The Pacific ocean in So Cal is cold.

back when i was 19 or 20, we were at the beach ... probably Zuma and I was drinking beers. Got quite a buzz and it was a rather hot day. I sprinted about 30 yards to the water and dove in.  The shock of the cold water took my breath away and my chest hurt. Lucky i was so young, do that today and i probably would have a coronary. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Randyh said:

well   ---dont worry , you were very normal ---- they built the Rock-Alcatraz -no one would make it to shore near the Golden Gate Bridge  , and it's not that far out , about 10-15 minutes  swim  , easy right   well -some tried , 1 made it to shore but he was in a bad state , and only 3 are presumed to have made it all the way  back in June 62 -, but most likely , a boat was waiting -

that water is very cold and there is a very strong current in the bay. but there are mortals that can have victory over those elements.  This guy that i watched on television when i was a kid made that swim while handcuffed. here’s another video from his 70th birthday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 4/12/2020 at 9:30 PM, BigStewMan said:

that water is very cold and there is a very strong current in the bay. but there are mortals that can have victory over those elements.  This guy that i watched on television when i was a kid made that swim while handcuffed. here’s another video from hi

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Randyh said:

that's Jack LaLanne   , athlete and juice maker ----he was  96 years old when he passed  , a fitness freak  --

yes, I knew that ... I wanted to see how many others recognized him so I didn't post his name. 

loved that guy's show, never cared for his work out suit though. looked more like a space suit from a low-budget sci-fi flick.

• Like 1