Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Hi ! I wanted to show you some pictures from my environment where I live with my family.We live in the third largest metropolitan area in Europe, the " Rhein -Ruhr " area, is after London and Paris the most densely populated region in Europe with about 6 million people. We live on the edge of this region in a beautiful natural landscape and environment.

In the Second World War the Rhine-Ruhr area was the war armoury of Adolf Hitler.Here were also the famous  "KRUPP factories " where all the tanks and aircraft parts were produced. After the war, these areas of North Rhine and Westphalia were occupied by the Allies, in this case the British.Today this is a federal state and is called North Rhein-Westphalia with a population of 18 million people. It lies in the west of Germany.

Only less than 2 miles away from our house we have a beautiful lake

309713903_KemnaderSee1kleiner.jpg.44973b74cf7cacd9eeae0b833785aedf.jpg

641256241_KemnaderSeeIIkleiner.jpg.36219316f486732e5d4217e440972b13.jpg

656194307_KemnaderSeeIIIkleiner.jpg.03186fbb220cb5c0cab70efda8cb556b.jpg

1314796010_KemnaderSeeIVkleiner.jpg.85433d315e00e92fc3eda822e2fa74f6.jpg

frueher-morgen-am-kemnader-stausee-kleiner.jpg.9f5cb36e70f79b4f162c8792335daa03.jpg

In the immediate vicinity of the lake we have a fortress and a water castle

596793816_BurgBlankensteinkleiner.jpg.9dd6ee6b21d14330f4d4f8773db21598.jpg

wasserburg-kemnade-kleiner.jpg.b551ccb1156b280a714e43d33c120e03.jpg

Every year there are recreational festivals and concerts on the lake, except this year

kemnader-see-in-flammenkleiner.jpg.1b06c3be5a495c4de5e3bd7c6217b43b.jpg

Zeltfestival-Ruhr-Abenddaemmerungkleiner.jpg.66013b6baa63b9f6f6aa7b7413c44eb4.jpg

• Like 12

Quebec City ----Chateau Frontenac ---Quebec City is the 1st Settlement in North America by the French in 1534 -

canada-quebec-quebec-city-best-hotels-fairmont-le-chateau-frontenac.jpg

Place Royale is the area where the French First Landed -   around 1534-1535 - and the site of the 1st stone buildings in North America -

Place Royale, Quebec City | Photographer | Flytographer

• Like 5

Ludwig II's Neuschwanstein Castle.  Shot in 2013.

Never mind.  Tried to embed a photo, but I cannot even do that since I have no space left on this forum.  I could delete all my Pilgrimage photos I posted over the years, but I'll leave those for historical purposes and just never post anything else, I guess.  Really a woeful policy by the forum management.

Edited by Seadog
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Seadog said:

Ludwig II's Neuschwanstein Castle.  Shot in 2013.

Never mind.  Tried to embed a photo, but I cannot even do that since I have no space left on this forum.  I could delete all my Pilgrimage photos I posted over the years, but I'll leave those for historical purposes and just never post anything else, I guess.  Really a woeful policy by the forum management.

https://postimages.org/

You can upload to their site at the webpage, use their little app out of a .zip (no install needed) they do plugins also but not for the Invision used here.

It takes my huge Pixel4XL images and resizes them here and a double click would take the viewer to the full size image at their site!

• Like 1

@RandyH  Thank you for your video, it also shows the famous castle Neuschwarnstein of King Ludwig II. My father-in-law has reproduced the model by handwork true to the original. It was shown on many exhibitions in Germany. Here´s a picture which I had taken up.

Neuschwanensteinkleiner1.jpg.b0ab39685c6736346f0cc8e33c1478c4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Seadog said:

Never mind

I never understood that, or was able to figure it out, it seems to be random with some and not others and changes, I had the same problem off and on. I even asked Chad to figure it out, maby send Chad a pm and tell him what is going on, I know some have posted more pictures than you, I would think.

For a while i would go to post a pic and it would say error 200, regularly then it was just on occasion it would do that like now ? Sorry

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 6/6/2020 at 6:10 PM, boom3 said:

Thank you. I liked this hat better.

Yes I like that one better, cool pictures.

27 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

My father-in-law has reproduced the model

Very nice, talent and patience.:emotion-21:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

https://postimages.org/

You can upload to their site at the webpage, use their little app out of a .zip (no install needed) they do plugins also but not for the Invision used here.

It takes my huge Pixel4XL images and resizes them here and a double click would take the viewer to the full size image at their site!

Looks like a solution to:

You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed. Manage Attachments to free up space

Edited by Seadog
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Seadog said:

File size is not the issue.  When I try to link a photo URL from say Flickr (even if it is sized to small 400 x 225),  I get this message:

You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed. Manage Attachments to free up space

99% of my attachments are photos of Klipsch gatherings and pilgrimages. Deleting those to free up space will remove them from my posts in the threads containing everyone's photos of those events, which I think would not be in the best interest of the forum.  When the forum instituted the space policy, I was already over the limit, so the banning of my photo posting was immediate.  I PM'd Chad then.  No luck there, policy is policy.

It does kind of suck not being able to participate in threads like this one.

??

I was just talking about how it resized and posted here, goto the vinyl thread and search my screen name and you will see hundreds posted by me using that itty-bitty program. And since they aren't personal or harmful to me in any way I don't care that they might keep them on their servers " `till noon on judgement day".

Learned of it from people that used it prior to me when I reached my limit. Try it and remove the constraint you speak of:rolleyes:

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 3:24 PM, JohnJ said:

??

I was just talking about how it resized and posted here, goto the vinyl thread and search my screen name and you will see hundreds posted by me using that itty-bitty program. And since they aren't personal or harmful to me in any way I don't care that they might keep them on their servers " `till noon on judgement day".

Learned of it from people that used it prior to me when I reached my limit. Try it and remove the constraint you speak of:rolleyes:

I did go to the website, and misunderstood that it was just adjusting the size and hosting the photo like any other host site.  OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Giving it a try.  Neuschwanstein Castle photo that I took in 2013.

Evening-at-Neuschwanstein-Castle.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1