Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@RandyH  Thank you for your video, it also shows the famous castle Neuschwarnstein of King Ludwig II. My father-in-law has reproduced the model by handwork true to the original. It was shown on many exhibitions in Germany. Here´s a picture which I had taken up.

Neuschwanensteinkleiner1.jpg.b0ab39685c6736346f0cc8e33c1478c4.jpg

Thank you for sharing the information , this Beautiful art work  is outstanding -Regards

• Like 3

That model is a good detailed one. The photo shows the scale of it with the surrounding areas. It looks like it is coming up and out of the rocks below it. Bet the rocks were quarried right there.

• Like 2

For those who like woodworking and or trains, Warther's Carvings in Dover OH is a worthy stop. I took these not so top quality pictures when I was there in ~ 2003. The details are as such that what is supposed to move or rotate does, all of the way down to the chain link rings and crosshead slides. Every wheel, every handrail, every rivet and every everything was hand carved. 1811194289_Warther(2).jpg.2fc3ecdfc70e450090b677818c776196.jpg 

Warther.thumb.jpg.35541a396c0ee6604e8f91fd728cf71a.jpg

972524530_Warther(3).thumb.jpg.7d6879ee0430cb9e8af3a1ceebf75e4a.jpg

599309557_Warther(9).thumb.jpg.2792c2946a2abea30d050ebe0d754aef.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JohnJ said:

That model is a good detailed one. The photo shows the scale of it with the surrounding areas. It looks like it is coming up and out of the rocks below it. Bet the rocks were quarried right there.

The scale is 1 : 87 which corresponds to the scales for the model railways. My father-in-law owned a railway system that covered the entire loft on an area of ca. 600 square feet. He built many castles and chateaus. That made him very famous in Germany. Many came to the exhibitions just to see his current and newest models. The construction of a model took a good 10 months with a time expenditure of a good 1,500 hours.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sputnik said:

Beautiful morning here.  I dusted off my nearly 40 year-old touring bike this morning for a short ride and took this shot a couple miles from home.

F054A74E-0F07-4D8F-B43F-58CAF692746C.jpeg

it must be absolutely beautiful where you are , we are in NYC  this weekend , it's just concrete , you can't even see the sky with all the highrises

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, sputnik said:

Beautiful morning here.  I dusted off my nearly 40 year-old touring bike this morning for a short ride and took this shot a couple miles from home.

F054A74E-0F07-4D8F-B43F-58CAF692746C.jpeg

is that sign wore out or has someone been trying to cover the writing? 

• Like 1

@BigStewMan   My guitar playing buddy, who has been working as a historian of various capacities his whole life, sent me this. Me in 1968, Platteville, Wisconsin. He has stuff from then to now all organized and cataloged. Photographer was Russ Spiering. The guitar was a Guild D-40, owned by a friend of ours, Dennis Schaut. Dennis now lives in Pennsylvania, while Roger is in Statesboro, GA.

Always amazing to see how our lives have changed over the years.

Bruce_1968_sm.jpg

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Shiva said:

As usual, in awe of that vast expanse at your doorstep.  👍 How close to the nearest town? 

It’s just under four miles to town from our place.  There are a lot of big ranches but there’s also public land and a game range to explore back toward the mountains and then Forest Service land, and then the Bob Marshall and Scapegoat Wilderness areas both straddle the Continental Divide.

• Like 2