Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

@sputnik  all that open land, I imagine the wind really blows at your place.  I spent some time in the desert and it was a super windy place, you would literally see large tumbleweeds rolling down the streets. 

Yeah, the winds can be pretty stiff. Blew some of our roof off a few years ago. I’ve been able to put my Yukon in neutral and let the wind push me a good part of the way to town a few times. The snow drifts over last couple of winters have been especially challenging. Reminds me of the Arctic sometimes. Then, there’s the flooding in the low areas. Then, there’s wildland fire season that seems to be getting worse each passing year. Been seeing grizzlies out here too recently. It’s wild country and can see some extremes - I love it. Thunder and lighting tonight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sputnik said:

Yeah, the winds can be pretty stiff. Blew some of our roof off a few years ago. I’ve been able to put my Yukon in neutral and let the wind push me a good part of the way to town a few times. The snow drifts over last couple of winters have been especially challenging. Reminds me of the Arctic sometimes. Then, there’s the flooding in the low areas. Then, there’s wildland fire season that seems to be getting worse each passing year. Been seeing grizzlies out here too recently. It’s wild country and can see some extremes - I love it. Thunder and lighting tonight.

I could never live in the city after living out in the country. No where near as remote as you but it is still 9 miles around the block and we have trees everywhere. No expansive views but that's OK since it is hills and trees in the way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave A said:

67 miles SSW of Nashville so no broad rivers here. I do have a small stream across the road and a cave spring though with gravity flow water to the house.

Very nice, stayed a few miles from Gatlinburg several times on the French Broad River. Prefer that to the Catawba we have here!

On 6/26/2020 at 6:43 AM, Marvel said:

@BigStewMan   My guitar playing buddy, who has been working as a historian of various capacities his whole life, sent me this. Me in 1968, Platteville, Wisconsin. He has stuff from then to now all organized and cataloged. Photographer was Russ Spiering. The guitar was a Guild D-40, owned by a friend of ours, Dennis Schaut. Dennis now lives in Pennsylvania, while Roger is in Statesboro, GA.

Always amazing to see how our lives have changed over the years.

Bruce_1968_sm.jpg

Not a great example of good photography. The hot chick in the back is out of focus! All I can make out is the nerd in front! 😎

• Haha 6

When my brother was in the Air Force back in the 70s, when he made crew chief, he got his name painted on the jet and got a ride in it.  Not sure which fighter jet it was ... whatever the hot jet of the mid-70s was. F-15?  (wild guess, going from memory ... memory after a few beers though).

• Like 1