Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators

Were fine, it was going right over us at first and was stronger but now it moved toward the Alabama bay and slowed down a little, 85mph. 

Your right your going to get lot of rain before it's over, hopefully no bad winds, good luck.

• Like 3

On 8/18/2020 at 8:03 AM, Coytee said:

I'll see if anyone can guess where this was taken.  (was around 1982)

In the foliage picture is my father.  Though I don't recall exactly what he was looking at, it was probably similar to the valley picture as we were on a trail that went down pretty steep.

Not a great picture but the picture with the buildings might show exactly where we are but it's not the traditional view that would give it away.  

I was always tickled with the one with my dad surrounded/framed with the leaves.

Dad 1.jpg

Dad.jpg

Dad 3.jpg

When I was there I actually heard someone in another tour group say  "I'm sick and tired of looking at rocks":)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, babadono said:

Whatya gettin at? The Macchu Pichu I went to is definitely in Peru. That is definitely the Rio Urubamba valley in the first picture and definitely the ruins in the third. Just sayin'

I meant.......Unfortunately I ( not it )  wasn´t 100% correct, but I think I was very close. Typographical mistake ...sooooooorrrryyyy .I do not doubt that at all. I was often in South America on business trips and I just thought that the pictures could be from either Chile or Peru. 

Driving back to Lima from Nasca, we'd been there about a week and (ahem) the water (?) was giving me....."issues".  I didn't eat for probably 2-3 days which is why that hamburger was soooooooooo tastey.

Driving back to Lima, stopped for lunch and an outdoor roadside place....  flies on the food kind of thing....  didn't care.  Filled up as I was very hungry by then.

Landed in Miami and nearly knelt down to literally kiss the ground as it really heightened my appreciation for what we have here.

Our fist day there, we took a cab to take us out & about.  Ended up at some market (tourist trap??) and long story short, I walked out with a blanket, about the size of a full sized bed.  It had what I call "Mr. Inca" in brown on one side with a light background and on the other side, had a light colored "Mr. Inca" with a brown background.  A VERY nice VERY VERY warm blanket.  A bit scratchy but easy to tell it's a very nice item......  paid $20 for it and was utterly thrilled.

Went to Iquitos and took boat ride down the river, Cuzco, Nazca and various smaller side journey's.  

It's amazing how much is packed into that space.

7 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I meant.......Unfortunately I ( not it )  wasn´t 100% correct, but I think I was very close. Typographical mistake ...sooooooorrrryyyy .I do not doubt that at all. I was often in South America on business trips and I just thought that the pictures could be from either Chile or Peru. 

No worries, no offense taken by me at all. I just wanted to understand what you meant. So on your many travels did you get to Macchu Pichu?

I still have this blanket today and it's in fantastic condition.  We had a new puppy...wife was laying on bed with him...I said "have you taken him out yet???  I REALLY don't want him on that blanket because he might use the bathroom"

"Oh Richard, don't be so fussy....he won't go to the bathroom on your (sarcastic) "beloved" blanket".....

and I swear on my mothers grave....  what happened at that instant?  He hiked his leg and let it rip.

Oops.

• Haha 1