Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

One thing that was memorable....  we took the bus down from Macchu Picchu.  Down the curvy hairpin road.

There were some young boys at the very top who yelled something like "HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" when we left.  As we went side to side, they went straight down.  At the next level, "HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Next level "HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

They did this all the way down which was kind of cute/interesting.  Then of course, everyone had to give them a tip because we were impressed.

Smart little boys!!

7 minutes ago, babadono said:

No worries, no offense taken by me at all. I just wanted to understand what you meant. So on your many travels did you get to Macchu Pichu?

No, unfortunately not. On business trips there isn´t much time for cultural excursions....

4 minutes ago, Coytee said:

One thing that was memorable....  we took the bus down from Macchu Picchu.  Down the curvy hairpin road.

There were some young boys at the very top who yelled something like "HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" when we left.  As we went side to side, they went straight down.  At the next level, "HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Next level "HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

They did this all the way down which was kind of cute/interesting.  Then of course, everyone had to give them a tip because we were impressed.

Smart little boys!!

Yep. I'll bet by the time I was there(late 90's) it was different boys:)

My nephew and his wife did the hike... They did some extensive hiking in the Colorado Rockies (where they live) to get a little used to the altitude. Although they are both tech folks (he works for Google), they are the out of doors kinda of people.

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

I was there in 82 and that alone is a story.  I'm working....will try to share it shortly.

1982, and spring break was "next week".  I had an ex-girlfriend who lived in Palm Beach.  Her brother was my room-mate.  We were going to drive down to PB and spend our spring break.  I was cool with that because she & I were still on very good terms (still are today!)

Anyway,  the day was Monday.  FRIDAY was the last day of school and off we go....

Monday morning my dad calls...  "Richard, I've got two tickets for us to fly to Peru THIS SATURDAY......  how is your passport??"

Uh....  expired.

"Well...  we (you) need to get cracking on it.

So, I found a lady in Washington DC that told me if I could send it to her via overnight, she'd jump on it and send it back to me.  GOT IT!!  So, I skipped classes that day, drove into town (my home town) about 12 miles away to get the forms, pictures....  got it all done and rushed it to be overnighted to her.

Well....  I now had a difficult time reaching her....  and the long story is she of course, failed to get my passport done such that it could be sent to me.  I HAD to receive it on Friday because 7:00 / 8:00 Saturday morning was my flight to Miami to meet up with my dad.

What to do?  I'm screwed.

Dad calls....  update him.....  his wheels are turning.  Well, as it turned out, a friend of his (who lived in Dayton, Ohio....  call it an hour away) had a daughter.  Seems the daughter lived in Washington.  She worked RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from the Passport location.  As luck would have it, she was going home on Friday to visit her family.  She agreed to walk across the street and pick up my passport and hand deliver it to me, as long as I drove to the Dayton airport.

(what are the chances of THAT happening in our society today??!!)

She did so.....I did so....  and I got my passport.  Next morning, jumped on the plane to Miami and off we were.

My Mother just smiled and said "Son....  I'm a believer that things that go around, come around....  some of the nice things you've done over your life were recognized today because this shouldn't have happened but someone wanted you to go!"

Had a great time but....  missed out on a Palm Beach vacation with an old girlfriend.....that I still got along with.

Bitter sweet  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • By golly it's starting to happen!  Stay 10-12 yards off that line of scrimmage and let that motor run.  That QB worked for that yardage.  The O line has a bunch of big boys up there blowin holes it looks like.  On to the next!  Great shots!  All kinds of action in those shots!  :)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You´ll know that i love to shoot sunset pictures. Especially autumn Sunset´s can be very expressive in colors and structure of the light and cloud game.

This one, I shoot some hours ago from the 15th floor of the hospital where I´m at the moment.

20201007_182613.thumb.jpg.fbd8c8b88b9e66ab06c86da9e4890697.jpg

• Like 6

Haven't been shooting much lately, but did take a few snaps yesterday while getting accustomed to my new Voigtlander 50mm f/1.2 lens. I just couldn't get on board with working distance of the 90mm f/2 I had, especially on a crop sensor. The 50mm is certainly more in my wheelhouse.

DSCF6616.jpg

DSCF6637.jpg

DSCF6625.jpg

DSCF6598.jpg

DSCF6581.jpg

• Like 6

• Moderators

Very nice, they seem to be completely comfortable with you taking pictures, it looks like it anyway. 

It's much better when they just be themselves or even help a little but are comfortable and relaxed instead of trying to pose or be silly.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Very nice, they seem to be completely comfortable with you taking pictures, it looks like it anyway. 

It's much better when they just be themselves or even help a little but are comfortable and relaxed instead of trying to pose or be silly.

They are. My mother in law is also a photog and she's much more about studio environment and posing and so on - the girls aren't nearly as compliant. We've got a sliding door facing due west that gives me good light - I just sit down at their level and let them do their thing so it's more relaxed and they get to feel like it's a representation of themselves. They're always bursting with excitement to see the shots while I edit, etc.

• Like 3