Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

On 10/10/2020 at 8:14 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Haven't been shooting much lately, but did take a few snaps yesterday while getting accustomed to my new Voigtlander 50mm f/1.2 lens. I just couldn't get on board with working distance of the 90mm f/2 I had, especially on a crop sensor. The 50mm is certainly more in my wheelhouse.

I had an 85mm f/1.8 (on my 35mm film camera) that I really liked. For me it was perfect for portraits. Great pics, Michael!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 5:03 PM, Dave1290 said:

Hope this isn't an indication of anything...   Knew I shouldn't have gone down that road!  Cell cams work for me anymore.  lol  :) 

121445168_10218244149801614_179897598988279470_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=TlG7m45JaxwAX8Fm0Dv&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=da0c834fca8355b6e8487d609e399893&oe=5FABFF1F

What are those Dave?  How close are you to Hinkley?

They didn’t all get the social distancing memo about using every other post.

• Haha 2

Those are turkey vultures.  They will sit around if there are no rising thermals to glide on, usually seen like that on taller structures in the morning and dusk.  I think it is the only or one of the few birds to have a sense of smell, to help find the dead stuff to eat.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

What are those Dave?  How close are you to Hinkley?

They didn’t all get the social distancing memo about using every other post.

I heard them singing... 'carrion my wayward bird...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Marvel said:

Yesterday was birthday time...

:emotion-21: Tell her Happy Birthday please, and stop lying about her age it's OK for her to be with an older guy she don't have to add numbers.

She should have put Orange on the shirt instead of Pink. 

• Like 1

1261644123_20201003_204118(1).thumb.jpg.e9cefe020b482210d4a818cddc1c9610.jpg

Made this pic in the hospital two weeks ago . It shows Barbara of Nicomedia (Barbara, "the stranger") was a Christian virgin, martyr of the 3rd century. According to tradition, she was beheaded by her father because she refused to give up her Christian faith and virgin devotion to God.

• Like 6

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Yeah, I agree, but it IS an orange shirt, but Victoria's Secret Pink brand of clothes.🙄

I know it was some brand, much better than some I have seen , like Juicy in big letters across a girls butt. :lol:

BUT I know what Victoria's Secret is, she's a genius.................she sells 4 oz of material less than a square foot, and gets $40+  for it.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dtel said:

I know it was some brand, much better than some I have seen , like Juicy in big letters across a girls butt. :lol:

BUT I know what Victoria's Secret is, she's a genius.................she sells 4 oz of material less than a square foot, and gets $40+  for it.  

BUT, a very fitting and pleasing example of “less is more” 😛

• Thanks 1