Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Those Eagle shots are fantastic @JL Sargent 

Reminds me of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom stills or National Geographic!

Haven't seen ours recently, they are brown like in the pic. The neighborhood Red-Tails were out soaring all around when the remnants of the TS came by here a few days ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Watching predatory birds fly is something magnificent to me! Saw Bald Eagles in central FL but never here!

Just north of here on the other side of the Mississippi, near Alton IL, you can watch Bald Eagles with great regularity.

Many times you will watch them catch fish. They wait below a couple lock and dams and catch the fish that get stunned going through the dam and float for a little while. Some make it, some are lunch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Just north of here on the other side of the Mississippi, near Alton IL, you can watch Bald Eagles with great regularity.

Many times you will watch them catch fish. They wait below a couple lock and dams and catch the fish that get stunned going through the dam and float for a little while. Some make it, some are lunch.

There are eagles behind @Hornographic's house a few miles from here.

Sure is, there was something in the almanac for this year i think about cicadas being lots more than their big years. But nope it's the frogs, but they don't change colors like the lizards do.. I'll catch one when I can but although it was almost 80 today they have been few since August.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shiva said:

More photo contest winning pics, these for landscapes. Some are truly spectacular. I grabbed quite a few for screensaver rotation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/escape/article-8957465/International-Landscape-Photographer-Year-competition-reveals-winning-images.html

have seen that allready on a german website ..breathtaking pics

• Like 3