Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

3 hours ago, wetowne said:

I'm really bored today. I need to get out more often.

Uninteresting fact: The combined age of the lens I  just used and the subject matter is 90 years.

I can top that.  If I took a self portrait with my ol' Nikon FM2, the combined age would be 100 years.  😧

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bubo said:

What does the scanner work out to in terms of MB

Is it fair to think of the glass as the aperture, quite large, with a single focal length?

What have you experienced as the depth of field, 1 or 2 inches ?

1. Scanned in 2003 using my old HP 5300 which was limited to 1200 dpi optical. I don't recall what dpi I scanned this at, but the original TIF file is 4980 x 4790 and is about 72 megs. 

2. Yes

3. About 1 inch.

• Like 1

I like the way the Nikon D700 renders colors.  I know it is ancient in terms of digital technology (2008) and only 12 MB, but I like the images it produces. These shots were taken in various places around Vancouver while on a family vacation in 2018.

CDG-0846bird.jpg

CDG-0765.jpg

CDG-0403jellyfish.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Seadog said:

I like the way the Nikon D700 renders colors.  I know it is ancient in terms of digital technology (2008) and only 12 MB, but I like the images it produces. These shots were taken in various places around Vancouver while on a family vacation in 2018.

I have had several different cameras,

and it's always been hard to argue with Nikon.

On 3/3/2021 at 4:50 PM, Bubo said:

Sandwich County Fair 2011

P1010598 Small.jpg

I had a friend who, after college, he and his wife settled in Sandwich... spent the rest of their lives there. In keeping this audio related, I spent time with him on my trip to pick up my La Scalas in 2006 or there abouts.

• Like 3

Photos like that just make me wonder at times.  All the tools available today to Doctor and play w/images?  I've never seen a bird just "drop" a fish.  Maybe but...  I'd want to see the series of shots before the drop.  Who knows anymore.  It's ultra cool if it's the real deal.  Dunno.  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Photos like that just make me wonder at times.  All the tools available today to Doctor and play w/images?  I've never seen a bird just "drop" a fish.  Maybe but...  I'd want to see the series of shots before the drop.  Who knows anymore.  It's ultra cool if it's the real deal.  Dunno.  :)

I had one drop a fish in front of me when I was biking. Caught me off guard for sure.  I have seen plenty struggle with them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pinball_pw said:

I had one drop a fish in front of me when I was biking. Caught me off guard for sure.  I have seen plenty struggle with them

I can believe that but at that exact moment the dude got the shot he's showing?  Odds?  Not saying it didn't happen but it would be once in a blue moon ya got it.

On 3/7/2021 at 11:07 PM, Dave1291 said:

I can believe that but at that exact moment the dude got the shot he's showing?  Odds?  Not saying it didn't happen but it would be once in a blue moon ya got it.

I had a friend who had a camera with him at all times. He said that one day he would get shots of an airplane going down. That was fifty years ago, and I have long ago lost touch. If you don't have it with you and ready to use, you'll never get it.

• Like 1

Geeze too much tv for me recently. The wheel on that dolly? Looks like the inside of an oil filter when you're priming the gasket, or maybe the business end of a hundred year old Gatlin Gun!

The weathered colors in the back of that truck and the filtered light from above are appealing to me.

• Like 1