Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

On 4/2/2021 at 5:49 PM, JohnJ said:

The story is new tech isn't infallible. Put these in the CC&C thread Wednesday night when I saw it but this is the proper thread for them. The streetlight at the edge of my yard is less than two years old. Between Tues. night and the next it turned into a blacklight Like you could see the velvet Elvis' come to life under or the secret notes written with lemon juice.

PXL-20210401-012523008.jpg

PXL-20210401-012541429.jpg

Didn't shimmer on the dry street last night, but everything turns purplish under it!

We have indirect LED lighting in our living room that is programmed to cycle through colors. In some of the phases, I can tell there's a significant UV component because certain inks ands dyes in the room start glowing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, boom3 said:

We have indirect LED lighting in our living room that is programmed to cycle through colors. In some of the phases, I can tell there's a significant UV component because certain inks ands dyes in the room start glowing.

Makes me wonder if the dummies in charge here have put up these expensive streetlights with some sort of connectivity.

If so a pc nerd could possibly hack them to be like the ones that came out a couple years after the leds supplanted the pig-tail fluorescent bulbs! 

35 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I wonder why it was built so heavy duty? It was a lookout, right?

Hi,

Yes, the Carbonnière tower is mentioned for the first time in a text dated 1346 which provides details on the function of the structure: it says that "this fortress is the key to the kingdom in this region. "

Indeed, located in the middle of the marshes, it was the obligatory passage to reach Aigues-Mortes: its crossing was subject to a toll. It was manned by a garrison made up of a squire and several guards. The terrace could support up to four pieces of artillery.

Aigues-Mortes is the fortified town from which Louis IX's troops left for the crusades. Fortunately today the inhabitants are calmer.

I will put you some pictures of the ramparts if I find them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

It was manned by a garrison made up of a squire and several guards. The terrace could support up to four pieces of artillery.

Ah, I see. It was a fortified gateway charging a toll if you will.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Ah, I see. It was a fortified gateway charging a toll if you will.

Yes, the road go through the tower for the toll (today the road goes around the building), there was a sharp harrow to stop (or kill) those who did not pay

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_Carbonnière

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aigues-Mortes

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I wonder why it was built so heavy duty? It was a lookout, right?

Hey man, everything old is heavy duty compared to the new stuff:)

Edited by JohnJ
dyslexic attack
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Hey man, everything old is heavy duty compared to the new stuff:)

Hi men,

Yes at home in my region many monuments are big and heavy, because they date from the middle ages or antiquity, there are castles, fortifications and churches of the middle ages and aqueducts, theaters and ancient arenas of the Romans: it's beautiful 🤩

Around 15/20 miles of my home
Romans: Pont du Gard, Arena of Nîmes and Arles, Ancient Theater of Arles, Square House of Nîmes, Glanum of Saint Remy de Provence ...
Middle Ages: Palace of the Popes of Avignon, Pont d'Avignon, Castles of Tarascon and Beaucaire, ramparts of Avignon, many churches.

I have to look for the photos (Here we have just started the 3rd containment of Covid 19, so I have time at home 😪)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

if you observe well there are boats suspended from the ceiling because the Good Mother protects the sailors

As Star of the Sea...

Such a beautiful building.

• Like 2