Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

A split second before the missed bunt, or more likely after a successful one ( now that I've seen the ball) you can see the concentration on their faces, in the eyes.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

@JL Sargent  What position does your son play?  I started off at shortstop; but settled in at second base. Baseball is one of my favorite sports to play. Go San Francisco Giants!

He plays Catcher, 1st and 3rd some. Mostly DH this season with a strained UCL in his elbow though. He is a Junior, so I'm hoping his elbow can heal and he will play his senior year. Fun to watch him play. If you look at my post from Sunday, that's him behind the plate. Thanks.

• Like 3

Getting some nice shots all season this year.  They all tell that story.  Making them all look good was always refreshing to me.  You've got your keepers I'm sure.  Just make sure you make enough prints.  I NEVER made enough.  Now a lot of the stuff I shot I'd like to have prints of. Hopefully you file all of your negs ad mark the good stuff.  I get to scan 30 years of negs at some point.  Film was so much fun!   Oh well...  lolol

• Like 3

I'm setting up a little home photography studio to take pictures using strobes with modifiers and a backdrop or two. I'm hoping to achieve a higher level of light control and better overall photography for these photographs. Anybody here done this or presently have a photography studio?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Anybody here done this or presently have a photography studio?

Colter use to shoot large format still, won awards... started getting beat out by granny with a pocket camera.

Also, Claude, and I think fido and Pinball_pw, post photos here all the time.

• Like 2

Great memory moment right there.  Launched it!   #2 w/the team is great too!  Now find a third and ya have a collage!  :)

Claude was a shooter but not sure what he had for equipment.  I've been there before and my $.02 worth is save your money.  Granny or someone will ALWAYS be shooting over your shoulder cutting your throat after you've done all the work w/the set-up.  Also if you post on social media anywhere check their copyright laws.  99% of the time you give up your copyright to your work when you post on their site.  

I have a TON of great shots on film and have to scan them into digital format but even if I did that I wouldn't post anywhere.  Nice guys finish last and make zero.  Had a lady want pics of her cheerleader daughter once.  I printed 4 sweet shots in 5x7 and told her $10 for all 4.  She went off on how I should be giving them to her cause the paper paid for them.  I explained I paid for them & not the paper.  She didn't want them then.  I said OK, np, tore them in two and tossed them in the trash right in front of her.  She was hot!  Me, no problemo!  :)

• Like 3

Kind of like shooting through window panes huh? But they aren't as small, pinched and got in between them here.

No pro here but can get decent ones with my phone, Sunday evening I think these two young ones were jumping up and around at the edge of my patio just playing. By the time I got to the phone they were at the back of the yard deciding which way to go with their choice of three other yards to jump into.

PXL-20210420-110856375.jpg

• Like 5