Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Wait a minute Elden, he looks older than he is! Only 17.

try putting a black sheet  in the background  ---then take the picture  with  a very fast exposure  - it will show more his age as a portrait -

56 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You're still getting old, LOL.

i discussed this with my 38 year old son just the other day. He confirmed that I was indeed getting old. He added "and not gracefully". Which I think was a bit harsh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

i discussed this with my 38 year old son just the other day. He confirmed that I was indeed getting old. He added "and not gracefully". Which I think was a bit harsh.

Nothing graceful about this crap.  He was right.

• Like 2

@JL Sargent   You might want to check out the Professional Photographers of Alabama.  I know we have a group of pros here in Ohio who hold a juried show every spring in Columbus.  It's a OUTSTANDING display of work from the best photographers 5 states have to offer.  An amazing way to spend a day just nosin getting ideas and trying to figure out "how" they did what they did.  Just went in there nosing and found this coming up.  Come on up it's 25 minutes away from me!  hahaha  https://www.ppofohio.org/mayhem1-landing   Eyeball it!  

Yea OLD sucks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Good idea. I'll check into that.

It's pricey to join BUT you'll find your niche.  Tons of good peeps willing to help you w/perspective, lighting, wardrobe ALL that garbage.  They're not gonna tell you HOW they did the print but you'll pick up "kinda how" they did it by just talking to them.  IF you want to shoot seniors and kill it.  Remember though many ppl today are doing the same thing with their cell phone.  Millions of "pro" photographers out there too all wanting to make a buck.  With your son and all the kids he knows though you'll make some money.  That's a result of "greasing" the parents w/your sports images.  Get all you can get while you can get it.  I had tons of work but hated every minute of it.  Just send me to a game and let me do my thang.  The challenge of that was my "fix."  Have at it!  :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Wait a minute Elden, he looks older than he is! Only 17.

Ok your right, but your still old.

36 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

It is harder to get up these days.

Proof............I know from experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@dtel  Thinking he's on the link checking that "Sawshank" prison out in Mansfield.  😂  😂  If you saw the movie that big old solitary tree in the country?  It got hit by lightening last summer or the year before.  Sad day for many people when that happened.  Family picnics and just visitors hit that spot any time they could.  I'm not a movie freak by any means but "Sawshank Redemption" is right up there in my top 5.

• Like 1