Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Right before a young family showed up after 7pm to look at the place once more I shot this `cause they have a cute little girl that I wanted to see it.

A young bunny hopped around after eating something in the back yard for ten minutes. It's scrawny compared to the ones from last year.

PXL-20210527-231922484.jpg

• Like 6

First pot full of backyard goodness: orange, red, purple,  and yellow tomatoes, a small hot and one large sweet Chile, 1\4 garlic clove, medium onion. Oregano, prickly pear balsamic reduction, extra virgin olive irl.  Dice all solids, apply heat. Wait 4-6 hrs, chow down.

22CF9664-7C92-47BC-8700-F5494103CD37.jpeg

082976EB-0C05-4AD0-94A9-A8D172D2504B.jpeg

384F9604-B558-47F8-98ED-B225D3018057.jpeg

swerved from my intent to make sauce. Cooked a pound of mixed beans in a pressure cooker. Browned two pounds of sweet Italian sausage. Threw it all together, simmered,  and will call it paella.

Changed my mind: will call it delicious.  Me Gusta......

697BB07D-8495-489C-B4CE-F6B1A9DF8349.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We were able to get away to the Big Island of Hawaii for a few weeks in April - just before the travel rush began.  We were the only guests at a beautiful, and truly five star level, B&B on an avocado plantation overlooking the coast.

4622371E-0062-4F71-BC73-6C02894CDDF0.thumb.jpeg.2c15d61218de066e39816acb93c9739e.jpegc

A shot of my wife at the shore

rfXhYSO.jpg

Looking up the coast from the southern-most part of the US

JI7njc9.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Native to the Philippines and parts of Asia.  There are also purple sweet potatoes grown in Hawaii and elsewhere, not to be confused with the yams (ube).

The winner is...

I love this stuuf, and this is one of the better brands.

20210601_184420.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Marvel, can you buy that in Rossville?

We have a a small Filipino grocery in Chattanooga (East Ridge) that carries it. I.m not sure if our favorite asian store (which is a really nice store) has it or not. Our fav is Asian Food and Gifts, started by a Filipino Doctor and his wife. They met when he went to work in Laos, but left with their family and came to the U.S. in '73. They started the store for extra income, and it has grown into a good sized store. 

• Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 1:32 PM, Marvel said:

We have a a small Filipino grocery in Chattanooga (East Ridge) that carries it. I.m not sure if our favorite asian store (which is a really nice store) has it or not. Our fav is Asian Food and Gifts, started by a Filipino Doctor and his wife. They met when he went to work in Laos, but left with their family and came to the U.S. in '73. They started the store for extra income, and it has grown into a good sized store. 

Peace to you Bruce.  Hey, my ex-wife just moved to Tennessee.  if you run into her tell her that I'm doing fine ... no better than fine, I'm doing better than anyone's ever done before. 

• Haha 3

Recently picked up an Roku Ultra to replace the Roku 3 that I had.  The jump in image quality is quite noticeable and impressive.  This is a screen shot from the couch off of a youtube vid. My projector is still an 1080p model, but still throws a nice image, about  98" diagonal in this pic.

IMG_4106.jpg

• Like 5