Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

@Foxman

Nice photos, and yes there are a lot of places here in the Carolinas that look very much like those.

I sure wouldn't park my vehicle under one of those branches that's covered in that green stuff! Sure sign that the trees days are numbered!

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 9:35 PM, sputnik said:

We made the drive up to the top of Mauna Kea for the sunset.  Around 13,800 ft elevation.

KiIrmDb.jpg

Maui is on the right horizon in the photo above and below

stars just becoming visible

Did you bring warm clothes for the cold at the top of the mountain?  Years ago, I drove up Mount Washington in New Hampshire with my gf.  It was around 80F at the the bottom, but more like 40F at the top, around 6,000 feet up.  This was in July, but we'd brought jeans, sweaters, and jackets in case of bad weather at ground level, so we changed from our shorts and T-shirts before getting out of the car.  The views were pretty good, and it was happily not too windy that day.

I hope I make it to Hawaii one day.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dave A said:

Black Walnut. I don't know what I will make out of this if I get it but thinking I just can't pass it up.2775.thumb.jpg.a8f4c4e5be10c779940fd3006be3e300.jpg

Interesting. Seems like you have a lot of other slab stuff hanging around the shop. I was shocked after pricing some burl buckeye and redwood slabs.

JJK

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Interesting. Seems like you have a lot of other slab stuff hanging around the shop. I was shocked after pricing some burl buckeye and redwood slabs.

This same place had some French Mappa burl that ran up to $12,000+ per very large slab. Some of this wood is really pricey.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Doesn't seem suitable for any kind of cabinetry. If you appreciate that like I do especially with the colors that could be brought out of those pieces use it artistically! 

Yes indeed, I intend these for free standing tweeters or matching SMAHL tweeter sets.

Some examples of cabinetry were shown. Much of this is 2" or more thick slabs and can be cut down to thinner slabs and used as bookend panels. A lot of work but spectacular furniture.

• Like 2