Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators

I like the Hawaiian shirts, the one with all the surfboards is my favorite. 

I have about 6 which I rarely wear, just cheap ones collected over the years, I tend to like the colorfull ones. The last one was from a street fair on the island, drinks were involved, just liked the color's.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Butchart Gardens here in Victoria... an old quarry turned into a National Historic site and gardens that are amazing ... if you are ever in Victoria it is a must see place, if you like gardens.  A nice walk, lots of shade and sitting areas, a cafe and a gift shop.  The restaurant will likely reopen soon.  If you are a fan of Roses it has the best rose garden I have seen. 

Butchart.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 12:32 PM, MC39693 said:

Butchart Gardens here in Victoria... an old quarry turned into a National Historic site and gardens that are amazing ... if you are ever in Victoria it is a must see place, if you like gardens.  A nice walk, lots of shade and sitting areas, a cafe and a gift shop.  The restaurant will likely reopen soon.

Butchart.jpg

Amazing what can be grown if you have water:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, they seem to have a lot of water, there must be underground supply. There are water fountains and displays aplenty. Plus a reasonable rain fall. Being low in the quarry helps too. Pretty close to a perfect setting with shade, water or strong sun depending on what the different plants need.  Covid has caused changes to the event calendar, due there is an outdoor amphitheater with music on the lawn, a fireworks display and a Christmas lights show when the full event calendar is available.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Seriously?  On the way back to the pond Mom?  You do know you're holding up traffic on one of the main drags don't you?  Have a quarter-mile to the pond yet.  Sure, I stopped first and started the gridlock.  hahaha

Same problm here, just bigger, they walk our property then cross the street to another yard. When they get big enough they fly between 3-4 neighbors who all have ponds. They are here all year and the numbers are growing.

yard-11 (2).JPG

• Like 3

On 6/23/2021 at 4:11 AM, dtel said:

Same problm here, just bigger, they walk our property then cross the street to another yard. When they get big enough they fly between 3-4 neighbors who all have ponds. They are here all year and the numbers are growing.

Time to have a lunch party with all the neighbors 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 10:11 PM, dtel said:

yard-11 (2).JPG

We too are inundated with previously “Canadian” geese. They no longer migrate to Canada, eh?  Around here they’re known as flying carp.  Their large droppings are everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/25/2021 at 7:29 AM, DizRotus said:

We too are inundated with previously “Canadian” geese. They no longer migrate to Canada, eh?  Around here they’re known as flying carp.  Their large droppings are everywhere.

Extremely large...

My parents retired to Northern Wisconsin... one year my mom cooked a good size goose for Thanksgiving. She kept pulling the pan out of the oven and pouring off the fat. I think when it was done it was about the size of a regular chicken.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1