Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Since I had no idea where that was so I looked it up on google earth. 

Great looking area, mountains, giant lake and really good looking area, very nice. 

It is amazingly beautiful here. Lots of waterfalls too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

A challenging section of the Appalachian Trail runs through there as I recall.  Got Poison Ivy too.

I thought I was immune to the poison ivy.  Apparently not enough to pull 60 gallons of it from my landscaping.  I am a bit more cautious around it now. Good news is I think I got it all out. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Follow up:

Unruly shrubberies beheaded.

Five mesquite trees pruned. Three of them savagely.

Tomorrow I play the Lone Ranger:

🎼🎶To da dump, to da dump, to da dump, dump, dump!🎵

2097A2EB-E9F9-4BA0-B701-F752C3EBF55E.jpeg

041227DF-DC77-4064-80C4-0156C29F742A.jpeg

0DC0F372-1E6B-42FF-B269-CC4DD877E053.jpeg

The tree you can’t see behind the white shed, was dealt with harshly. It had overgrown into two neighbors yards (fouling pool filters with the tiny leaves) and was threatening the shed. It has since learned better manners.

• Like 4

Nikon D3100 using a Nikkor 50-135 f3.5 Ais manual focus zoom. Taken at 1/200 f3.5. Sharpened and added contrast to give it some bite because of his piercing stare. Man I miss that dog.

It's the one standing up in this photo. These two are a great pair. The 25-50 f4 and 50-135 f3.5 cover almost anything you're likely to encounter.

i-c5GNq5J-X3.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Yep. A genuine sleeper and a zoom at that.

Sure is, sharp pics and nice color.

A couple of Nikons really good lenses is also 2 of their cheapest, the af 1.8 50mm and the af 1.8 35mm either is under $125.(a year ago) One is rated better then the much more expensive 1.2f model.

• Like 1

1.2 lenses are for one thing. Low light shooting w/o flash. I have a 50mm f1.4 Ais. Sharp with a touch of softness in the corners wide open that's gone by f4. Who looks at corners anyways? Here it is on my F5.

i-vX46c7T-X2.jpg

• Like 2

Blech...  Nikkor lenses... Mine collect dust now but I'm thinking about going digital just for giggles.  Tough decision though since my cell works.  Kinda maybe.  lol 

Ya ain't seen nuttin though until your invited to join some of the Nikon Professional Service boys for guac n chips after the Indy 500.  Filled the lens & hood of a 400 2.8 loaner they had with it.  Thought I was gonna die laffin but it worked.   A good time was had by all that year.  :)

The last Lens I bought new was the Zeiss 50 mil 1.4 planar... back when they were first introduced. I didnt get much use out of it so I sold it, and have since moved away from lens'ed systems.

• Like 1