Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

I really can't justify a new body even w/all the glass I have.  Stupid crazy to spend big money when you're not shooting sports and making enough to justify the purchase.  Made my mark in society.  hahaha  Had a great time doing it too.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

I really can't justify a new body even w/all the glass I have.  Stupid crazy to spend big money when you're not shooting sports and making enough to justify the purchase.  Made my mark in society.  hahaha  Had a great time doing it too.  

If you do decide to look https://www.keh.com/ sells used cameras and are very accurate when they rate them. I got one camera from them after a recommendation from a photographer and was happy. One good thing was they offered a 3 year warranty for like $69, don't know if that's the same anymore ?

• Like 2

I had an 85mm 1.8 lens on my old spotmatic. Awesome lens, until itfinally got some mold growing in it.

The pic above of the church glass was made with a 5 mp Canon pocket camera.

• Like 1

Sad day. My 645Z camera body decided to stop changing aperture on my lenses. Going to need to send it in for a mechanical repair that will cost nearly $1000. Sucks for a somewhat older camera.  Picture is from the tallulah gorge in Georgia. 

1663A7E9-03B3-4E19-9FB6-D08A763692D5.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

How many Broad Rivers are there?

*Or is it French Rivers?

Take a look at Tennessee Valley Authority or the TVA that Loki keeps talking about.  The lakes through tout this area are largely created and managed by them.  It is pretty neat to read about. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Pinball_pw said:

Take a look at Tennessee Valley Authority or the TVA that Loki keeps talking about.  The lakes through tout this area are largely created and managed by them.  It is pretty neat to read about. 

The TVA is a big deal up there, especially for jobs years ago. 

A small part is this dam, Fontana dam which made a lake 29 miles long with 240 miles of shoreline. 

tenn 2014-086.JPG

tenn 2014-083.JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pinball_pw said:

Part of what I do gets me in touch with people from all corners of the State (of TN).

I was talking with a gal fairly recently.  As I recall, I think she lived in the North/Western corner or somewhere around there.  She told me something interesting.....she said that the lake near where they live, is the only NATURAL lake in the entire state.  She said all the other lakes are man-made via TVA.

As a side note, TVA is a pizz poor neighbor to have.  I'll probably leave it at that.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2021 at 11:38 AM, Pinball_pw said:

Then see the movie Wild River, directed by Elia Kazan, staring Montgomery Clift, Lee Remick, and Jo Van Fleet in 2.35:1 'scope and stereo sound.  It's about the a conflict of rights over the "the greater good" and the Tennessee Valley Authority.  The TVA of Loki is a different TVA.

• Like 1

• Moderators

NOT my picture, wish it was.

Seen a picture of this cool bridge and looked it up, it is in Germany and from around 1860.

https://www.christineabroad.com/rakotzbrucke-devils-bridge/

a790e110c70ed796f5f9a22959c6e0bf.jpg

• Like 7

Stopped shooting glamor and commercial fashion a few years ago. I do not miss it  http://www.davidhickeyphotography.com - —- now my work is mostly shot on my iPhone and just fun over saturated and not for sale with no bikini or glam - I occasionally take my 5Dmkiii out with my 300mm f 2.8 just to mess around but its rare these days

tubesequence1.jpg

• Like 5