Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

My wife and son after Friday night's game. He is a Senior and the season has ended closing the book on a game he has loved for many years. He was 4 year Varsity starter on both sides of the ball.

F26.JPG

You must be proud.  Does he plan to attend college?  There are many opportunities to play college football for the pleasure, not a scholarship.

My parents wanted me to attend Principia College in Elsah,Illinois.  On a visit, I saw a game against Iowa Wesleyan.  I could have started at quarterback for either team, and I never played quarterback.  There are plenty of Andy Hardy style colleges where football is played purely for enjoyment.

Another option would be as a walk-on.  My nephew did that at a Pac 12 school.  It was a great experience, despite never playing a snap.  The structure, camaraderie and academic support were perfect for him.

My best wishes to your son.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Does he plan to attend college?

Yes Neil, he is an excellent student with a 4.0 GPA. Going to concentrate on a BS in Mechanical Engineering. Looking at Mississippi State, UAB, or Auburn as top possibilities for college. We are currently applying at these schools for both admission and scholarships. Thanks for asking! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Somebody did some serious trimming on those shrubs.

Those boxwoods are everywhere where I grew up. In a ring around normal houses just like that. At the hundred year old governors mansion they were six feet tall and made an actual maze you could wander in.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

People are scarce out there! Is that a restaurant where the big clock is?

The restaurant is behind me, that is The Lifeguard Headquarters.  Tuesday afternoon is usually not a big time for hanging out on the sand. 

• Like 2