Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

On 2/23/2022 at 1:40 PM, JL Sargent said:

That one has a dreamy kind of look to it. Opposite of the girl laying on the red car which was laser sharp. This one is kinda like you took a picture and then made into a painting by being a little less in focus?

I shot a lot of models with very shallow depth of field - usually with a 70-200 2.8 lens or a 300 mm 2.8 - when I wanted very sharp I would use an 85mm lens stopped down to f5.6 - f11

IMAGE_334.jpg

IMAGE_404.jpg

IMAGE_426.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Try straight line to your son on the mound from behind the catcher.  Stop down as wide as you can and shoot him on the release.  Ya got the batter, ump and him pitching.  Puttin the inviso spin on the fence shooting @ 2.8 or lower.  If ya haven't tried it already.

• Like 2

Just thought of this one too.  Ask him if he's got a signal for a "brush back" pitch.  Some do and some don't.  If they do, shoot the batter thru the fencing (like above) or an open shot w/o fencing.  You know what ur glass will do.  When it's goin down you focus  predominantly on the batter trying to stop the ball in front of him and shoot only for the batter's reaction.  Crop it in your lens and let that motor run.  Ya might pull it off.  Everything else is all yours.  lol  You've got a million shots so nail the simple stuff.  Coaches w/him, etc. and strive for the good stuff now.  Last time around the barn so nail him.  :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

That Buck Owens one is something else. I may not always have control of it, but I prefer eyes to sunglasses every time.

Buck was a mans man. Billy Gibbons and his knit hat and sunglasses are a part of his public persona. All of the men in those shots were super nice, talented and very friendly. I spent a day with Buck and I spent a day with Billy and another day with Billys wife. they were awesome experiences being around all of them. I was the last person to have a photo shoot with Buck before he passed. He invited me to his home for dinner but I had to get back home and I told him I would take a rain check and come back and see him but he died shortly after that shoot. Billy offered to make me dinner but again I had to return home. He later texted me that night and said I should have stayed because Jay Leno had stopped by shortly after I left. Dang!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2