Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

9 hours ago, Islander said:

Just remember, ANYTIME IS TRAIN TIME

Rails can rust overnight if it rains, so that's no guide as to when the next train is coming.  Good luck!

Thanks, I agree. Without going into the who/why, these tracks used to see a few trains per hour, 24 hours a day.  Now there is no traffic. They do keep them somewhat cleared, but nothing like they used to.

20220227_145347.thumb.jpg.fc0eaadbad739b25f8d151b3bd7aaf7b.jpg

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Don't know but it would be some great riding on those nice spring days.  Too old and would hurt myself.  hahaha  Would have been great 25 years ago.  :)

It's pretty much level and smooth, so I'm told. One thing about being level is that there's almost no coasting down hill.... it's peddle peddle peddle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your pics inspired me.  My tires where a bit flat and haven't ridden for a time. Pumped em up and went for a cruise.    While, I don't ride my bike on the tracks, I do often ride beside them.  It does get exciting at times, when a train sneaks up on you.

Here, my Specialized Stumpjumper,  27 speed mountain bike. 

"She's old, but she'll hold" That line is a movie quiz. Anyone?

DSCF1039.jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Shiva said:

Your pics inspired me.  My tires where a bit flat and haven't ridden for a time. Pumped em up and went for a cruise.    While, I don't ride my bike on the tracks, I do often ride beside them.  It does get exciting at times, when a train sneaks up on you.

Here, my Specialized Stumpjumper,  27 speed mountain bike. 

Cool bike, looks well made. I wish trains were still traveling these tracks.

I have ridden my bike a couple of miles down the line.... only once. Even with 29 inch wheels, it was not easy. 

16 hours ago, Shiva said:

"She's old, but she'll hold" That line is a movie quiz. Anyone?

Im not recalling that I a movie and would have to Google it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Cool bike, looks well made. I wish trains were still traveling these tracks.

I have ridden my bike a couple of miles down the line.... only once. Even with 29 inch wheels, it was not easy. 

Im not recalling that I a movie and would have to Google it. 

That line came from one of the early great films for surround sound and subwoofer action.   U-571. in the clip, the line is delivered in the last 10 seconds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I may have post this a while bak, but I found the negative and scanned it on my cheap scanner. The band from Peoria, Illinois in the late '60s... The Alliance. Featuring (from left to right), Roger Elem, bass; Denny Probst, drums; Gary Richrath, rhythm guitar; Barry Brenner, lead guitar. Gary went on to play and write for R.E.O. Speedwagon. The Alliance practiced at the house I was living in at the time.  @BigStewMan I knew you would like this, Steve.

The_Alliance_sm.jpg

• Like 4