Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• 2 weeks later...

Not Mine.

But the subject matter is awesome! Like to post the story that is from Feb of this year but cannot. It was from a news site you have to join, and pay to view. I've got a little access this month. So if you are way up there you might have seen these already.

One I had from years ago that I liked was Jedice Master Snoda!

66-Jedice-Master-Snoda.jpg

These are in a different league, also a nice memory break from the heat.

Up In MN I imagine they could get sick of the cold. Around the turn of next year I'll search for him and see what's next.

Bravo!   Mr. Paul Larcom of Becker, Minnesota. Incredible imaginative and talented job there!

et-snowdino-1.jpg

et-snowdino-2.jpg

et-snowdino-3-Paul-Larcom-Becker-Minneso

• Like 3

That is a "Big Boy!"  Nothing like that around here!  A group of us had the "pleasure" of turning this place around before it totally fell down.  Duckburg is located on the straight shot btwn NYC and Chitown.  We're midway so the old trains laid overnight here.  This town back in the day had many visitor's all the time.  They would lay over on a siding downtown.  Notable "Hero's" of the day were the likes of Capone, Dillinger and Eisenhower who laid overnight here on a regular basis.  TONS more to that story.  Tunnels under the sidewalks were dug to protect the criminals around town with access to local bars and even the big hotel downtown.  Had their own "speak easy" under the hotel and a two person elevator up to their suite.  

Here's ae a couple of then and now pics.  All done by about 15 of us with donations from the community.  It's done so I guess I should take a few more pics.  Soon  :)

toc-2000.jpg

image.png

Nope, not a train freak at all.    Since Neil Young is, I always joked about bringing him in for a concert to help with funding it all so we could take a break.  As if! 

Just busy work leaving another mark on the community.  :)

• Like 6

today a few hours , despite the heat, I´ve been on the road. The sequence of pictures shows the valley in which we live , the last our river " Ruhr " which beds in the valley. Above the river is the castle " Blankenstein ". This was built in the 13th century. Today it houses a large gastronomic establishment with restaurant and various events .it is a popular destination for excursions

Stiepel5.thumb.jpg.a824e8e24991bb7d6c4733d9034085a0.jpgStiepel6.thumb.jpg.e540ada9641856f9dbb1865ec1dbada5.jpgStiepel7.thumb.jpg.3b0e004b6bdfbc85e0ff70087d945bf5.jpgStiepel4.thumb.jpg.f4e66020cb7fbf1f8f0de65e8a0fd37e.jpg

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Not sure if that's `19 or 19xx. Probably three years ago and it looks like he's missed.

You've definitely got more sand there than I've got over here!

The date is 11-27-19. I've never seen these in other parts of the country, but there are a lot of roadside memorials in my area. I think it's kind of sweet that people keep these things up for years. Some of them I have photographed in the past are very elaborate.

Sand? Have I evre got sand. I'm in the middle of the desert. It's 115F today.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 1:48 PM, Dave1291 said:

That is a "Big Boy!"  Nothing like that around here!  A group of us had the "pleasure" of turning this place around before it totally fell down.  Duckburg is located on the straight shot btwn NYC and Chitown.  We're midway so the old trains laid overnight here.  This town back in the day had many visitor's all the time.  They would lay over on a siding downtown.  Notable "Hero's" of the day were the likes of Capone, Dillinger and Eisenhower who laid overnight here on a regular basis.  TONS more to that story.  Tunnels under the sidewalks were dug to protect the criminals around town with access to local bars and even the big hotel downtown.  Had their own "speak easy" under the hotel and a two person elevator up to their suite.  

Here's ae a couple of then and now pics.  All done by about 15 of us with donations from the community.  It's done so I guess I should take a few more pics.  Soon  :)

toc-2000.jpg

image.png

Nope, not a train freak at all.    Since Neil Young is, I always joked about bringing him in for a concert to help with funding it all so we could take a break.  As if! 

Just busy work leaving another mark on the community.  :)

Check out NY Museum of Transportation Rush, New York 

http://www.nymtmuseum.org/

• Like 2