Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

7 hours ago, amped said:

Walking the dog this morning, I got a pic of what the forrest fires in Quebec are doing to my Brooklyn sunrise:

Getting some of it here in Ohio too.  Sad to see all of the fires up there.  Such beautiful country.  ANY forest fire is sad to see.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"Getting some of it here in Ohio too.  Sad to see all of the fires up there.  Such beautiful country.  ANY forest fire is sad to see."

When I shot that at 6:45am, the air quality index was about 147. Right now it's 193 and you can smell it. Real sad.

• Sad 3

On 6/6/2023 at 11:03 PM, amped said:

When I shot that at 6:45am, the air quality index was about 147. Right now it's 193 and you can smell it. Real sad.

This evening on the news they're showing a nasty band going thru Ohio for the weekend.  Rain coming in Monday and Tuesday here.  They also said if you're driving to use the "recirculate" button in your car, which should stop 80% of outside air coming in while your driving.  Getting wild now everywhere.  😂

• Like 2

There's an air quality warning for us at the nws site. I'm close to the mountains just north of Lake Hartwell GA.

The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
(DHEC) has declared a Code Orange Air Quality Action Day for Fine
Particulates. An air quality action day means that fine particulate
concentrations may approach or exceed unhealthy standards. Residents
of South Carolina should be aware of the continued risk for health
effects related to smoke from wildfires that originated from fires
burning across parts of eastern and western Canada.

And yeaa, it's smelled like smoke outside all day today.

When the knowledge is denied, bad things happen. Those little greenies ruin everything, and bet they don't acknowledge their protests caused Forest Service Inaction all over the globe and the fires get bigger because of that!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 4:27 PM, RealMarkDeneen said:

Tetons

Nice pic, Mark. I wish some of the ones I got up in British Columbia last October had been without buildings in the foreground.

20221028_100018.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/10/2023 at 12:41 PM, JohnJ said:

Those are great lamps with the strong glass magnifier lens and the fluorescent bulb around it. Had a leather bound top drafting table with one on it for decades! 

I use one of them also since 2009.

JJK

LARGE JJKSHOP.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@JJkizak That is intricate!

Above your hand with the tool it looks like something reptilian is fixin' to strike!

& I finally get what you are standing in in your icon pic. There was a wall nine feet tall and probably 40 feet long dividing wall inside Lifelink, Tampa back when I frequented them `99 to `03. It was similarly done. Probably close to a foot thick also.

21 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Nicely done Mr Deneen!

During Covid I scanned and then shared on Facebook about 1,000 travel pics I took over the years...

Love to see some!  I usually don't do many "travel pics" in the standard sense of that term. My normal photographic interest was always more abstract, ironic, or focused on "things that might look cool on paper." But I enjoy every kind of photograph.