Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators

Nice picture by your son Marvel, cute little girls.

Was looking on the hard drive for a pic and found this ODD one from 08. I took this because the illusion reminded me of when I was a little kid and my grandfather would take me to his barber sometimes when he went. The barber shop had large mirrors on the wall behind you and in front of you so you got this illusion and it fascinated me as a little kid.

This was in a cabin on vacation in 08.

tenn_9-10-08_001_(620).jpg

• Like 9

Not my photo

Originally posted by KevinM here - https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/176016-az-saguaro-silhouette-against-a-monsoon-sunset/

Quote:

In Arizona here, the sun rises over the Superstition Mtns, with a lil bit of luck, on a monsoon evening in the summer, it will set across the desert with stunning drama.

Jeanne Peters Sunset  2.jpg

Added:  While I'm a whoore for "likes" and could certainly use some, I don't deserve any here for simply re-posting another member's photo.  You guys should be liking KevinM.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Shiva

I have hummingbirds, too. Brave. They pick cat hairs off my robe if I stand still for a few seconds.

... anyway, I have spotted a couple of their nests. The ones I have found, in the wild also, seems to be about 4 feet off the ground. That caught as kinda strange.

26 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have never seen a  hummingbird nest before, must be pretty small. 

Oh Yeah,  it is quite small, but cozy at the moment,  Momma is sitting on it as I type.  My iPhone was zoomed in to capture it.  . 

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I have never seen a  hummingbird nest before, must be pretty small. 

about the size of a shelled walnut. Maybe a touch bigger.

You have lots of hummingbirds around? 

The nests kinda look like a gall on a twig.  Like I was noting, you may be looking too high up to find them. I have found 3 or 4 and they were all around 4 feet off the ground.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

about the size of a shelled walnut. Maybe a touch bigger.

You have lots of hummingbirds around? 

The nests kinda look like a gall on a twig.  Like I was noting, you may be looking too high up to find them. I have found 3 or 4 and they were all around 4 feet off the ground.

We do have alot around here during the summer, I just seen one yesterday for the first time this year. But if the nest are that small I just may have not noticed them, if they even nest here?

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, sputnik said:

Snow Geese too from a couple of years ago.  We get over 100,000 birds here at a time during the big migration.

Uh that's alot of fertilizer they must leave behind.