Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Sunrise, sunsets - always have a different "feel" over water.

Watched sunrises over the Atlantic many times, or storms approaching with lightning seeming to skitter over the water like a pebble.

Those views you show from your perch a few feet higher with the terracotta roofs and palm trees at the forefront are nice.

@Shiva it reminds me of FL except for the elevation, looks warm too when it's in the 30s here!

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:24 AM, JL Sargent said:

I'm afraid not and no foul called either. :)

Many teams practice the "flop" to draw a foul. You may have caught a foul in progress or a great performance, either way, excellent photography. (I was going to say "great shot" but I didn't want it to be confused with the missed layup)

• Like 1

Down on Pasig River at pier to ship big box to inlaws on one of the other islands. The Asean Pearl carries freight to outer islands, a few passengers travelthis way as well. Our box will arrive there on Saturday, before we arrive by plane and smaller boat.

20181227_105947.jpg

• Like 3

So... electrical distribution in Manila is pretty crazy. Manila is one of, if not, the most densly populated city in the world. You will find a panel on a street front with 100 meters on it. From there, power is run to the individual homes and businesses nearby. I haven't caught a photo of one yet, but you can see some of the overheaed wiring mess is this pic.

It's actually tame compared to some I've seen.

20181227_144716.jpg

• Like 3

As the 12th most populated country in the world, approx. 10% work overseas. That's 10 million... Manila is a paradox. The streets mostly seem post apocalyptic, but then you hit a mall that will be larger and more well run than any I've seen in the US.

One of the malls has an Ace hardware inside. I would estimate at least 50-75  emplyees. Go from aisle 1-34 and there are many on each aisle to help... they don't disappear when you turn around to ask a question.

Streets wind and houses are crumbling. But most are happy... they get by and don't blame everyone else on their situation.

Countrysides are beautiful of course. Beautiful filipinas are everywhere, no matter their age. When you think they are 15, they are 25-30. The opposite is also true...

Here's  a couple street shots from out the window...

20181227_144609.jpg

20181227_143927.jpg

• Like 4