Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators

So many times you see a scene, and you think "wow" I gotta get a photo of that, when you get home and review your pics, 99% of the time they just don't live up to what you saw. That scene literally stopped me in my tracks when I saw it, and the photo is a perfect representation of what I saw. I was the first person in two days to drive across that bridge according to the lack of tire tracks in the snow, the color of the building could not have been better. By the way the stream is actually the "Coquihalla River" just before it meets the "Fraser River" here in Hope.

Your exactly right, I can see it but can't get that look or feeling in the camera. That building and color is perfect for that picture with all the white it just jumps out. Very nice, all it needs is a frame and to go on the wall.

Edit; Whoever lives there would probably love to have that picture, can't imagine it looking better.

Edited by dtel

Just learned that each of us are only allowed 100MB of photos (total) in all of our posts.

Wow, I would have been over that limit 9,000 posts ago. I just looked and I have almost 900 photos in the forums. Glad I host them on my own server.

I'll have to dig through my pics and post one of my favorites.

As a member of "Spam Patrol", I don't think you have the same limits as the rest of us.

• Moderators

That Moose picture looks like 3 D

Love the bee picture, tried that with hummingbirds, missed many time before giving up, they are just to fast.

Edited by dtel

• Moderators
Thanks everyone. More snow here Thurs. Come on warm temps! I need some Spring and Summer! Heck, its even cold in my office.

Hooray, I love bug pictures almost as much as birds! Love the bee, but boo on more snow. In Arkansas?

tumblr_n1vkzhA2jb1sk6o82o1_500.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. More snow here Thurs. Come on warm temps! I need some Spring and Summer! Heck, its even cold in my office.

Hooray, I love bug pictures almost as much as birds! Love the bee, but boo on more snow. In Arkansas?

tumblr_n1vkzhA2jb1sk6o82o1_500.jpg

Cool ! I too enjoy taking insect pics, but most of the time they don't agree. Yes, more snow in the forecast for central AR. I don't think any actual accumulation is expected though.

Great Grasshopper pic! Love the all natural grassland surround, that makes it so much better !

• Moderators
I too enjoy taking insect pics, but most of the time they don't agree.

So true! Same with birds, or any wild animal really. I always shoot critters in the wild...not much challenge in zoos or cages to me, although you certain can get some great shots there. I prefer the challenge over the result, though.

I followed this little guy around for a while before he held still long enough for a shot. It was fun trying :)

• Like 2

• Moderators
that's a very nice picture Amy... do you ever do post production processing on your photographs?

Nice!

I do, but I'm going through a softer-tone less-contrast phase at the moment. It comes and goes with my moods :)

And of course, all photos are different. I just play with them until I like how they look.

that's a very nice picture Amy... do you ever do post production processing on your photographs?

Nice!

I do, but I'm going through a softer-tone less-contrast phase at the moment. It comes and goes with my moods :)

And of course, all photos are different. I just play with them until I like how they look.

:emotion-21: