Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

not too far from my pad ... 

That and other things in your area are why it's better than where you were. imo

I would want to hike all around that looking for pictures.

• Like 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I don’t want to be smack in the belly of the beast (big city); but, i don’t want to me more than a 30 minute drive from it. 

That makes sense, 30-40 minutes out to really be away is good, just not in it everyday.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2018 at 11:09 PM, BigStewMan said:

I don’t want to be smack in the belly of the beast (big city); but, i don’t want to me more than a 30 minute drive from it. 

Under the right circumstances, the belly of the beast is great.  When my first (and current) wife and I first got back together in the early 80s, she lived in Chicago on Webster near Halsted.  I would drive from Grand Haven, MI to Chicago on weekends with a CRT color TV in the car so she could  watch Dallas in color.  What a guy won’t  do to get lucky. Fortunately, the trip was only about 3 hours, so that warning about, “ . . . if lasting more than 4 hours, consult a physician . . .”, didn’t apply.

That was a great location for a then young childless couple.  We could walk to Wrigley Field, The Biograph Theater, Lincoln Park Zoo and many great restaurants.  She lived next door to The Athenian Room, my favorite Greek restaurant.  It’s still there and still great.  If you’re ever in the area, give it a try.

With children, urban living becomes impractical.  The public schools are scary and private schools unaffordable.  The answer . . . the burbs.   Now my bride never wants to live more than 15 minutes away from REAL medical care.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

what you did sounds like something i would do -- and i’ve made that drive several times. Some women dig grand gestures like that; and those that do, make it totally worth it.

let me know if it worked, i have a spare television -- i’ll go toss it in the back of the car, drive around asking the ladies if they want to watch color tv. 

It doesn’t work anymore, at least for me.

47 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I don’t recommend allowing deer in your car. :rolleyes:

Good catch. Sounded ok in my head while I was writing it.

Should have stated; "They watched us watching them while we were getting in the car"

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 8:09 PM, BigStewMan said:

i argue this with my brother all the time ... i tell him, how many times can i look at a tree or a waterfall? 

He’s not Beach Guy and I totally am.   I honestly can look at the ocean everyday and not get tired of seeing it. One of the few places that i’ve been, that makes me feel relaxed. I just don’t get that from the mountains.  My pecking order is (1) beach, (2) country, (3) city, (4) mountains.  I don’t want to be smack in the belly of the beast (big city); but, i don’t want to me more than a 30 minute drive from it. 

I don't do well in an urban environment. Otherwise out lists would be the same. I practically lived at the beach/on the water, when I lived on Kauai

• Like 1