Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Despite having no political affiliation, we were invited to attend the traditional Presidential Turkey Pardon in the White House Rose Garden last week.  Thought I'd post up a few photos.

The turkeys were taking questions for media day at the Willard Intercontinental Hotel where they had their own suite.

C8ngvOb.jpg

After passing the check points on the day of the pardon, we walked in along the East Wing.
MacwmcE.jpg

The South Portico.
uvIONP8.jpg

The view of the Mall from the South Lawn.
V1BV1cV.jpg

We were admitted into the Rose Garden early to see the National Thanksgiving Turkey deep in thought and pacing just before the ceremony.  

I think he was a bit worried that the pardon might not go off as planned.
5snEh6X.jpg

Much to the bird's relief, the Trumps showed up on time and granted a full pardon.
K8g0nb1.jpg

VfvzwsA.jpg

We mingled a bit and offered our congratulations to the turkey for his new lease on life.

kUGFrrk.jpg

I took this last photo as we were leaving.  Turned out to be a beautiful day - the Rose Garden and Oval Office can be seen in the background left of the large tree.

5Gw1z4N.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Aren't they!
Cute kiddo!
Nice collection, do you run them all at the same time?

Mostly, but sometimes in more critical listening times, one pair at a time. Subs are paired with the Heresys. It's quite entertaining to A B C and combo them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Galena, Illinois, circa 1972.

This old shell of a truck was in an empty lot between two old houses built of locally cut limestone. The area was populated by miners from Wales, who came to work in the lead mines located here. Galena was also home to Ulysses S. Grant, shortly before the U.S. Civil War. My guitar playing friend was a student at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, which was not very far north into Wisconsin.

rca_victor.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, sputnik said:

Do you have a skate board?

No skateboard, though I have seen many take that ride on their board, some on their feet, littler kids sitting down while doing it,  most make it too,  it is a fast ride for sure.  I bike down it all the time.  

• Like 1