Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

20 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Wolfbane, bet you had to beat em away with a stick! :)

My usual when the girls were teenagers was to be cleaning my 12 gauge when a 'date' arrived. One icy stare down through the barrel (at the date) usually ensured everyone got home safely and on time. Come to think of it neither girl ever came home late when they were living at home. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

It was a couple of weeks ago, that was leaving Jamaica.

A couple hours later we left headed to the next stop, it looked really strange, the sun was going down but it was raining between us and the island.

dream 10 28 18-164 copy.jpg

• Like 8

Made for a beautiful picture!  Makes one look, then poof there's the sun or the eye hits the sun and you follow it all to the leading edge of the photo wondering what's going on!  Nice compostion too.  Nice shot!   Would make a beautiful 8x10 double matted w/the pinkish/amber hue as the first mat then the outer mat a gray and framed 11x14.  Well worth the money spent on the mat/frame job.  It's worthy and wait for the comments!    

:)

• Moderators

Wow thanks, I was trying to decide to even put or not, I thought it looked like it was fake with the odd sunlight.

Between the rain and the sun it looked strange, that w as at 122mm, I took one with a 300mm and it has what I guess is lens flair and you can see the rain a little more. 

dream 10 28 18-165 copy.jpg

• Like 4

@Wolfbane  You TOTALLY got me on that one!  TOTALLY!!!  Ya NEVER know with this bunch, as you well know.  CACTUS?  SERIOUSLY???  I actually thought you posted some computer generated ARTWORK.  Hence my laff comment...  I would have NEVER thought CACTUS!  Not in a million years and I actually LOOKED at it!  lololol  Yea, the Ohio/AZ thingy comes into play too since there aren't really any CACTUS around here!  Now here's what I actually thought, I think, well yea I did...  AZ dude dropping acid or some new designer drug and trippin!  lololol  I mean think about it coupled w/your cutline...   This place is REALLY starting to get to me...  lolololol  GREAT shot!  "Yea, let Jimi take over..."   😎

23 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Took a Trip. Never left the Farm:

Took A Trip.jpg

• Haha 2

SNIP: '@Wolfbane  You TOTALLY got me on that one!  TOTALLY!!!  Ya NEVER know with this bunch, as you well know.  CACTUS?  SERIOUSLY???  I actually thought you posted some computer generated ARTWORK.  Hence my laff comment...  I would have NEVER thought CACTUS!  Not in a million years and I actually LOOKED at it!  lololol  Yea, the Ohio/AZ thingy comes into play too since there aren't really any CACTUS around here!  Now here's what I actually thought, I think, well yea I did...  AZ dude dropping acid or some new designer drug and trippin!  lololol  I mean think about it coupled w/your cutline...   This place is REALLY starting to get to me...  lolololol  GREAT shot!  "Yea, let Jimi take over..."   😎'

It's unedited. No photo shop or other manipulation of any kind. Just the light from the Desert Botanical Museum's lighting setup reflecting off the cactus at night, captured by my iPhone. As my friend Ted Grant would say: 'will you look at that?' - snap.

Wb

• Like 1
  • Haha 2