The Klipsch Audio Community
JL Sargent

Show us your great photography thread!

30 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Vastly different from the original

I agree.  I worked at a Toyota dealership when the original generation Supra was in production.  At the time it was their statement piece.  Toyota put all their cutting edge technology into the engine and drive train.  On this one I'm not sure how much influence Toyota even had on the engine itself.  The whole car is basically a re-badged BMW Z4.  If you look at the interior there are BMW cues everywhere.  I predict that Supra purists (the cult) will turn their noses up at this one.  Those that don't know the history of the original car and are looking for a sporty Toyota should like it.  I believe that Toyota just discontinued their "86" which was a re-badged Subaru BRZ to make room for the Supra.

Our apricot tree started blooming. I hope our recent cold weather doesn't screw up harvest season.

IMG_2844.JPG

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I agree.  I worked at a Toyota dealership when the original generation Supra was in production.  At the time it was their statement piece.  Toyota put all their cutting edge technology into the engine and drive train.  On this one I'm not sure how much influence Toyota even had on the engine itself.  The whole car is basically a re-badged BMW Z4.  If you look at the interior there are BMW cues everywhere.  I predict that Supra purists (the cult) will turn their noses up at this one.  Those that don't know the history of the original car and are looking for a sporty Toyota should like it.  I believe that Toyota just discontinued their "86" which was a re-badged Subaru BRZ to make room for the Supra.

Well said and agreed.   What thry "need" is a purpose build TRD supercharged 86

=== new car platforms, particularly those of a “niche” market have become far too expensive for many car makers to go at it alone.So they team up - Toyota/Subie - Toyota/BMW - Mazda/Toyota. Even arch rivals GM and Ford teamed to design the new 10 speed automatic for the Mustang and Camaro. Hell, the engineering firm Ricardo out of England designs many of BMWs engines. They did the inline 6 for my K1600 bike. 

I like the looks of the Z3 better...

6 hours ago, richieb said:

have become far too expensive for many car makers to go at it alone.So they team up

Good point 

13 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The whole car is basically a re-badged BMW Z4. 

Nothing more and that's the problem . 

I had a black 1st gen and it was a good car despite the rust issues . But it was it's own thing 

3 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

The NASCAR Supra looks like an abomination , and that's being nice . 

Looks like it's a very capable car though , check out Fernando Alanso's eyes during the lap .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ChI2qFP-Qs

He races a Toyota in World Endurance racing. For the last 3 years he has been racing a Honda powered McLaren in F1, and he was very vocal about their lack of power and reliability. I think teaming up with Toyota is his way of putting a thorn in Honda's side. 

Yesterday's drive by.    A partial pic of the San Onofre Nuclear power plant.  Closed down, but still a touch radioactive.      

IMG_1462.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

we used to call those the Nuclear Boobies every time we drove past :D 

• Like 1

This kid got mean on the mound last night giving up only 1 hit and no earned runs!

Auston4.jpg

• Like 3

Some of last night's baseball action

Al2.jpg

Trent1.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Great picture of the dirt billowing up from that slide.

Thanks! That kid is a heck of a player. Check him out here after a face first slide to third.

Al best.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He puts his ALL into it, look at the dirt marks he hit perfectly flat that time!

• Like 1

This one also from last night with some good dirt.

Safe1.jpg

• Like 1

47539337041_3edf482d1d_k.jpg

46815666574_5ac7287117_k.jpg

47539337181_b3624ec7e8_k.jpg

• Like 2