The Klipsch Audio Community
JL Sargent

Show us your great photography thread!

17 hours ago, AuditMan said:

My Uncle Roy's Willys. A ground-up build, not a kit.

Nice! One of my co-workers is finishing these:

20180607_085341.jpg

20180607_085719.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

He's building a '32 Ford, from the ground up. A company in Ohio has the original dies for the body parts. They machined everything so they can make new parts that will fit perfectly on an original frame, and fit more perfectly that the original parts did.

He has about $100k into in parts so far, and it has been a seven year project since he was doing it for himself. It does have a Chevy engine in it though... the resale value is higher than if it has a Ford engine in it.

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

He's building a '32 Ford, from the ground up. A company in Ohio has the original dies for the body parts. They machined everything so they can make new parts that will fit perfectly on an original frame, and fit more perfectly that the original parts did.

He has about $100k into in parts so far, and it has been a seven year project since he was doing it for himself. It does have a Chevy engine in it though... the resale value is higher than if it has a Ford engine in it.

This is another one of his cars.  I have pics of more of his cars but I have to fiddle with the format to decrease size.  He's in his 80's and still building them in his shop in his back yard..This is about 15 years or so ago.

435118360_Roycar8.thumb.jpg.49b3904c150240c39f5cd52d2a0545cd.jpg

• Like 5

One of the best locations to have a bite in Southern California.  A pic of The Fisherman's Restaurant back deck. Its sits over the water on the San Clemente pier.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yep, that's the town.  👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Three guesses as to what this is.

IMG_2965.jpg

Pin image
WB - Sir-fancy-ketchup 351 Shape Classic Guitar Picks (6 Pack) For Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, And Bass. Gift Leather Pick Holder Keychain (0.46mm, 0.71mm, 0.96mm)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

two more pics after our breakfast on the pier this past weekend.  The Fisherman's is on both sides of the pier,  this pic of the other side, which is their bar side and another shot with a bit of a pier view.  

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 6

On 8/2/2019 at 10:41 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Thanks! They're fantastic kiddos to be raising.

Those are great B&Ws, should go on the portrait wall!

*been hectic here lately..... Thursday when I was edging the lawn I heard something scurry across the street and hit the leaves near me. Looked up and this was five feet away:

IMG-20190801-101845.jpg

So it's here in our neighborhood and not going away, first time I've seen one from the day it was born through a few weeks later. Last of this one next time one of those football sized turtles, the redtail, a brown eagle or a coyote is near I'll try to snap a shot of them.

• Like 5

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I love it when photogs make the "supreme sacrifice" to get the shot!  

LOCAL MAN DIES TAKING A PHOTOGRAPH

JohnJ, a well-known audiophile here, perished late Saturday evening while attempting to capture a wildlife photo.

The Police report states, JohnJ was attacked and subdued by football sized turtles while photographing wildlife in his back yard.  According to the report he was also attacked by a redtail  and a brown eagle.  His remains were partially consumed by the coyote's after the initial attack according to the report.

An autopsy will be performed where his Schitt, after the Y cut, will be placed in a red bio-bag in his chest cavity after examination

Funeral arrangements are pending.

Mama don't let your sons grow up to be Cowboys!

• Haha 2

I went to Nashville a few weeks ago for a short work trip. Apparently my 5 yr old was certain that I'd like it there so much that I was going to just setup shop, start a new family, and never come back.

My 7yr old reassured her, however, by pointing out that I didn't take my La Scalas and sundry equipment with me so clearly I would be returning.

That girl gets it.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I went to Nashville a few weeks ago for a short work trip. Apparently my 5 yr old was certain that I'd like it there so much that I was going to just setup shop, start a new family, and never come back.

My work sent me to Virginia once and after about a month, i was talking to one of the kids on the phone and she asks, “Are you ever coming home?”  That was heartbreaking. No job is worth that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

My work sent me to Virginia once and after about a month, i was talking to one of the kids on the phone and she asks, “Are you ever coming home?”  That was heartbreaking. No job is worth that. 

absolutely agreed. This was 4 days.. lol.

• Like 3