Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Another local photographer captured and eagle catching a fish that also just caught a fish.  A triple catch.  People accused him of photoshop and called it fake,  it wasn’t fake. I guess it can be hard to know, people do composites and don’t disclose them as such.  Sucks when you get the real deal just for people to claim it is fake. 

• Like 3

When I was shooting in the military I caught one that still amazes me and many others who have seen it.  Decided I was going to try and catch a tracer round coming out the barrel of a mini-gun in a Huey.  Every 7th round is a tracer.  Slowed the shutter speed down to get the barrel blur and hit the motor drive.  I ran about 6 rolls of B&W film playing, went into the lab, ran the film and BAM I got lucky as crapola.  Caught a round just as it was exiting one of the barrels.  Some said fake but most believed me.  I printed the strip just to prove my point.  It was the real deal and I'll have to find the print.  It's here somewhere.  All before the digital/puter stuff today.  EVERYone with a phone today has a camera and many pros are using wide and telephoto adapters, which fit over the phone lens.  Couple guys I know at SI use them all the time or did.

• Like 2

I was on a canoe trip in Canada, a very long time ago. One of our group had caught a nice perch, and left it on a stinger tied to the canoe overnight. The next morning we had a northern on the stringer, with half the perch sticking out.

Then they realized why there were little rock loops out into the water. You could leave your fish in them overnight and not have anything get to them. Well, except for the occasional bear.

The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying the Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich spacecraft lifts off from Space Launch Complex 4 at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, Nov. 21, 2020.

Sentinel 6 launch

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Speaking of clouds, saw this interesting cloud formation out the window the other day and took a few pics.  Have no idea what would create that effect?

Try it with a polarized filter

you may be surprised.

If nothing else, use a pair of polarized sun glasses.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I see the long stretch of the San Clemente pier as well. Ive taken more than a few shots from that vantage point.

Yes - My wife and I live close to the Marina and many days we do a loop from SJC to the Marina and Beach Rd and back - a nice 12 mile ride - on warmer days we ride the San Clemente Pier or all the way to Trestles which is a 20 mile round trip ride and so much fun.

marina2.jpg

mIMG_0044.jpg

IMG_4795.JPG

IMG_5051.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

At home it's beautiful, but I'm bad at photography 🥵 I live near the Mediterranean in Provence. I show you anyway

The Saintes Maries de la Mer in the Camargue, we see the Romanesque church of the 9th century. http://www.saintesmaries.com/léglise.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=eglise+st+marie+de+la+mer&sxsrf=ALeKk023l3E46u1qOgZotnDnwOKs-FFQyQ:1615671813356&source=lnms&tbm=isch&biw=1366&bih=625

ab1k.jpg

• Like 5