Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators

Just walked out the back and found we have some new additions, not a great pic, they were watching me and I didn't want to disturb them since the baby's probably can't fly. Every evening there is at least 2-10 flying around between the three or four ponds in the neighborhood, they are really loud with there honking as they fly buy.

One even crashed into the side of the house once almost gave me a heart attack it was so loud, I went to look and it flew off.

post-9700-0-46900000-1398279267_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Probably because I'm not smiling. I've been told I look completely different with a smile.

I have yet to see any photo of Amy this is anything less than stellar...

Edited by Boxx

• Moderators

Dtel, those geese appear to have everything they need right there. Are they real noisy?

Those on the ground aren't making a sound but the group that flies around are very noisy, they fly pretty fast but you can hear them from a few hundred yards. That's how I knew it was a goose that flew into the house. We were watching Tv one night and heard the geese getting closer then it sounded like someone threw a basketball at the side of the house, it was that loud.

I would guess there quiet on the ground to not attract predators, especially with babies that can't fly ?

I wanted to get better pic's but didn't want to disturb them, I guess they stay by the pond so if something were to go after them they could get in the water ?

I don't know, a lot of guessing here

I have been watching this little guy for the last few days, Hummers can be quite territorial but this guy is taking it to another level, he is standing guard over the feeder and taking on all comers.

attachicon.gifDSC00031_edited-1.jpg

Put another feeder out and put just a little Vodka, Rum, or Wine in with the mix. You will find which bird is a lush and which birds are non-drinkers.

It would probably be best to keep the neighborhood cats away while doing this experiment. Some of the birds can get quite drunk, and if there is a perch, you may witness something akin to falling down drunk.

I only did this once. The feeder with the hooch had no perch. Only one bird prefered that mix, and he was a mean drunk when it came to protecting his stash.

I have been watching this little guy for the last few days, Hummers can be quite territorial but this guy is taking it to another level, he is standing guard over the feeder and taking on all comers.

attachicon.gifDSC00031_edited-1.jpg

Put another feeder out and put just a little Vodka, Rum, or Wine in with the mix. You will find which bird is a lush and which birds are non-drinkers.

It would probably be best to keep the neighborhood cats away while doing this experiment. Some of the birds can get quite drunk, and if there is a perch, you may witness something akin to falling down drunk.

I only did this once. The feeder with the hooch had no perch. Only one bird prefered that mix, and he was a mean drunk when it came to protecting his stash.

What!!! This makes me question what sort of sad individual you are....Who in their right mind would waste good booze on Hummingbirds?....:)

Geese are the best watch dog money can buy if you ever need an outside advanced warning alarm system.

Wouldn't work around here, we have so many of the damn critters that the sound of a goose would be no cause for alarm....Considered a nuisance by many, and a tasty meal by others.

Edited by oldenough

I guess it was 100yrs or so ago that the Christmas Day goose dinner was the standard, right?

Yes, Probably changed in the Victorian, although I can remember as a kid in England having it at Christmas, I'm sure there are people who still do.

• Moderators

Let's see it full size!

I am shocked and stunned this post received no support whatsoever.

Really? You're shocked and stunned?

Like I want my giant face plastered on this forum. haha

Let's see it full size!

I am shocked and stunned this post received no support whatsoever.

Really? You're shocked and stunned?

Like I want my giant face plastered on this forum. haha

It sounded good at first....

giphy1.gif?t=1398368727

• Like 1

• Moderators
It sounded good at first....

What about you, Boxx? I'm fairly certain you're not actually the actor who plays the most interesting guy on earth. Although that would be kinda cool, not gonna lie. ;)