Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators

ANother of my wifes great shots ;)

I like that picture, but it did make me laugh because I remembered a pic I had from the zoo that make me laugh every time I think of it.

There were these two Orangutans and one climbed up on a rock and began to pee down the rock while the other watched smiling off and on and completely happy about this. It was apparently an easy to please orangutan ?

post-9700-0-61660000-1398980479_thumb.jp

Caymen is for real though and diving pictures from the "wall" there can only be bested by the south pacific or Indonesia.

Well I never went through with the diving thing, just snorkeling. Which for me is best since I don't have to be responsible at depths I can just float along and I can enjoy cold buckets of beer. I would have to take diving much more seriously I can see from the top it would be amazing but I'm having fun.

Your right Cayman is very expensive, we have only been on a cruise, the quick but cheap way. When we were there last there were some condos for sale with a big sign." Your next life upgrade, two bedroom one bath starting at 2.5 million". :o Even if I did have that kind of money, you know how many islands I could visit and for how long with that much and still buy a little place somewhere before it's over.

The older I get, I figure we pretty much rent everything in life. The disposability of all of our Chinese built necessities these days just reinforces it. Why buy a lake house or Condo for that matter. Geez there are 1.5 Condo's for every resident in Florida! Most cars are traded before they are paid off, same with homes. Boats, 4-wheelers and all the other toys are rarely kept indefinitely unless they have sentimental value. I get bored too quickly. It may be a bad trait, but it does keep me from looking at things I want instead of what I need. Having said that, life is short. I say get out and see things and have fun doing it. I have lost so many friends and family in the past five years, it has made me really evaluate the beauty in things that aren't things that you take home other than the pictures and memories.

Killer shots Max :emotion-21:

Great reflection shot. Where was that taken?

Maui.

This one is in my good buddies back yard in Austin.

no posting flower pictures without naming the flower!!!

• Like 1

Maui.

Awesome! Big waves over there!

I sure wish I had a little authentic Tex Mex from Austin tonight! Man that town has the best grub !

• Moderators
life is short. I say get out and see things and have fun doing it. I have lost so many friends and family in the past five years, it has made me really evaluate the beauty in things that aren't things that you take home other than the pictures and memories.

Exactly, I didn't realize this until I got older and lost so many like you said.

It's ALL temporary

My dad watches as some teenagers prepare to launch near the old covered bridge not too far from my house. Bridge built 1933 over the Locust Fork of the Warrior River.

post-32707-0-72220000-1399244222_thumb.j

Edited by JL Sargent

• Moderators

Bet your dad is thinking, dam fools, that water is COLD.

Looks just like where we go kayaking and canoeing about an hour from here, we launch under a similar bridge.

No pic's we didn't have the waterproof camera last time, which reminds me I need to put a float on the camera strap, I tend to flip more than once per trip.

I almost didn't make it once, after going over a waterfall I went under, popping up way down river with less than a second of air left, it was the closest I have ever come to drowning. New rule WEAR lifejacket especially on waterfalls, I do not have to remind myself since that trip.

Asian Lily... bought two buckets of them at HD a couple of weeks ago. About a dozen flowers in each one, and seven were open this a.m. I snapped this with my Lumia 920 last night.

Bruce

post-5045-0-33380000-1399385050_thumb.jp

Edited by Marvel

ANother of my wifes great shots ;)

I like that picture, but it did make me laugh because I remembered a pic I had from the zoo that make me laugh every time I think of it.

There were these two Orangutans and one climbed up on a rock and began to pee down the rock while the other watched smiling off and on and completely happy about this. It was apparently an easy to please orangutan ?

Relatives of yours? I see a family resemblance (other than the dreads).

Edited by CECAA850

How long do those orchids last? Beautiful flower.

the colored plants usually are a short period... a month to two months. the white plants/flowers can last for more than a half of a year.

usually, the more exotic the flower the less time it will stay healthy.

Edited by Schu

• Moderators
Relatives of yours? I see a family resemblance (other than the dreads).

Good eye, the bottom one is a first cousin but everyone always said we looked alike, not related to the one on the top but we did date for a little while, she was just to much of a show off and it didn't last long.

Maui.

Awesome! Big waves over there!

I sure wish I had a little authentic Tex Mex from Austin tonight! Man that town has the best grub !

Yessir although that was a dead still day for that shot, stop with the Tex Mex, you are making me want the Shrimp and green chili's enchilada's from Chuy's :o Open your Tres Hombre's album and look at the gatefold picture, always makes my mouth water ;)

Edited by kaiser SET say