Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
would be pretty hard to give up that cute little face

You wouldn't have a problem giving it up if it wasn't potty trained and barked at everything. And not yours.

Trust me on this one. :)

• Moderators
And not yours

If potty trained isn't bad enough, not being yours makes all the difference.

It's like being in public with screaming kids and parents ignoring them, there is much less patience if it's not yours. Makes you want to slap both of them in the back the head and ask what's wrong with you..........but you can't. :(

• Like 1

I have been dealing with Dogs with what seems like forever. Chewed furniture, chewed sheetrock, chewed trim work around the house, you name it. I have two Minature Aussie's that are much smarter than I am and have gone through all of this with them and then some. Now I have a 110 lb 15 month old German Shepherd that is destroying my Oak trees due to the Squirrels. I haven't been able to catch him doing it, only finding huge chunks of bark at my doorstep. Its to the point I cant risk experimenting to deter it, I'm going to have to wrap the trees in heavy vinyl, rubber or metal which is going to be rather ugly in my backyard. dtel, I know you're a tree guy, you have any suggestions? thx

photo1fg.jpg

photo2dfg.jpg

And the suspect known as..."Wolfie"

photo6.png

• Like 1

And not yours

If potty trained isn't bad enough, not being yours makes all the difference.

It's like being in public with screaming kids and parents ignoring them, there is much less patience if it's not yours. Makes you want to slap both of them in the back the head and ask what's wrong with you..........but you can't. :(

You could slap them, you probably would not like the results

• Like 1

I'm going to have to wrap the trees in heavy vinyl, rubber or metal which is going to be rather ugly in my backyard. dtel, I know you're a tree guy, you have any suggestions? thx

I had a shepherd that kept tearing down my 6' wood fence. Strung a single wire electric fence a few inches from the fence where he had to touch it to get at the fence. After a few months of this he did not bother the fence anymore.

When the beavers were cutting down my trees the game commission gave me a permit to shoot them. I really did not want to shoot them so I wrapped the fruit trees with metal stove pipe. You could paint it to match the trees I suppose.

Edited by Taz

• Moderators
Its to the point I cant risk experimenting to deter it, I'm going to have to wrap the trees in heavy vinyl, rubber or metal which is going to be rather ugly in my backyard

Not sure your idea might be best but your right it won't look nice.

I was thinking maby some cayenne pepper or something that may smell bad to them. The problem with that is I don't know it would hurt the trees, you don't need big dead trees in the yard. Also you don't want him bringing that stuff inside if he goes inside. Maby wrapping temporarily may help ?

EDIT; Squirrel stew :D

Edited by dtel

Its to the point I cant risk experimenting to deter it, I'm going to have to wrap the trees in heavy vinyl, rubber or metal which is going to be rather ugly in my backyard

I was thinking maby some cayenne pepper or something that may smell bad to them. The problem with that is I don't know it would hurt the trees, you don't need big dead trees in the yard. Also you don't want him bringing that stuff inside if he goes inside. Maby wrapping temporarily may help ?

If he keeps this up hes gonna get a trip to the Vet and come home singing a much higher note!

And the suspect known as..."Wolfie"

Beautiful dog!!

Anyone here fish? I'm thinking yes.

attachicon.gifIMG_9465.jpg

Thank you Amy! What looks to be a Bass, has some serious teeth!

• Moderators
If he keeps this up hes gonna get a trip to the Vet and come home singing a much higher note!

That might change attitude I would think, that's a tough dog, and very persistent. I have never seen one do that much damage to a tree.

• Moderators

that's not a shot from the Flora-Bama mullet toss

No way

That is a GREAT bar.

If you don't know what it is do yourself a favor and just look up mullet toss OR Flora-Bama. The name is that because half the bar is in Fla and the other half is in ALA. It's a good place to go anytime not just for the mullet toss, which I have not seen. It's nothing to look at, the bar at least !