Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Hard to believe everything may be covered in white snow in a couple months.  We are having some beautiful weather so far this Fall.  Got tired or waiting for this monarch to open fully.  Lots of bees too, but they were too busy to mess with me, thankfully.   :)

003_zps39ec6661.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We had a similar thing happen here last week. Our Great Pyrenees dog brought a young fawn to the back yard unharmed (did have slobber all over it). The little guy could not figure out how to get out of the yard though as we have fencing around 3/4 of it. So I picked it up and carried it back out of the yard and he scampered off no problem. A few days later the dog brought up an opossum without harming it too. I refrained from helping it out LOL. The crazy dog must think it's helping these little critters because he is so careful with them.

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 1

How did you catch the little fellow?

He flew into the entry of the house I'm remodeling, and kept bumping into the windows trying to get out. I spoke calmly, he landed, and essentially allowed me to help.

I then promptly went and bought a lottery ticket.

Great story.  Usually the last ones here leave around the end of September, but last year I saw one at the end of October (Rocktober).  So this year I am keeping the feeders out for the rest of the month.  Now we  have a possum using the yard as a crash pad on certain days.  I've never seen anything sleep as soundly as this  guy.