Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• 2 weeks later...

A shot of the moon on the Ware River near Gloucester, VA. Dear wife and I were there with the kids and grandkids for a short vacation. Rented a really nice cottage, literally 40 feet from the river. This was taken with a cheap Sony digital through the screen of a screened in porch.

post-40642-0-03120000-1418762989_thumb.j

• Like 1

I'm quite proud to say this photo of mine has been chosen by "Global BC" TV as one of their top 50 photo's of 2014, it's sitting in 4th place at the moment in a viewers poll.... :D

attachicon.gifDSC01433 (1)_NEW_edited-1.jpg

Can we vote?

You can if you wish, but I would feel better if you looked at all the 50 photos and voted on merit...here's the link......

https://www.facebook.com/GlobalBC/photos/a.10152855106667808.1073741944.8475622807/10152855109802808/?type=1&theater

This is early, but a pic I took while in the Philippines in 2006. I used it for a Christmas card...

The window is in a church built in the late 1880s, all steel. Manufactured in Belgium and shipped to Manila and assembled. The stained glass windows were imported from the Henri Oidtmann Company, a German stained glass firm.

I only got pics of two of the windows.

Bruce

post-5045-0-33220000-1419255582_thumb.jp

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 3

Guys, I have been using a Canon 7D with great results for the last 2 years with one exception. This is indoor sports with available lighting. Anything above ISO 800 and the noise is just unbearable for me. I'm very tempted to try the full frame version of my camera, the 5D Mark III. Looking around on the internet and people seem to love it. Just wondering if anybody here actually uses that body? I know Steven here used the 1D X. Can't swing that puppy!

Edited by JL Sargent